R

Austin Scale Modeler's Show

Started by RotorheadTX, September 09, 2010, 04:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotorheadTX

The Austin Scale Modelers show and contest is 10/9/2010, at the Norris Conference Center; 2525 West Anderson Lane (part of what used to be Northcross Mall.)

I have already 'purchased' two tables for the show. One is for WhIf displays, and the other is intended for the Helicopter/Rotary Wing SIG (I.E. all of my real-world helicopter models.)

I would be more than happy to share table space with any whiffers that choose to show up and bring models.
No twiglets provided though, I'm a barbarian that way......

Scooterman

Still working on it.  And it wasn't the wife boss that said no, Tony.  It was the boss who signs my paychecks!  She's still not real happy about me taking the 2 weeks off for the Nats.

RotorheadTX

Ahh, so desu ka?? Gomen nasai!!   :banghead:

I just read into 'boss' and 'her' as one and the same.

Doc Yo

I'll be going ( I live in Leander ) but don't know if I'll be entering this year or not. Will try and say hello in
any event.

sotoolslinger

I'll be there depending on work schedule. Doc Yo do you still have masters of the Spacecraft 2000-2100 ships? I would love to see them.
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Doc Yo

Quote from: sotoolslinger on September 10, 2010, 10:37:39 AM
I'll be there depending on work schedule. Doc Yo do you still have masters of the Spacecraft 2000-2100 ships? I would love to see them.

I'll try to bring them along, but fair warning, they're not all that impressive close up. Look for a tall fellow
with a salt&pepper vandyke and a brown fedora.

sotoolslinger

Coool :mellow: Look for a big cowboy with a whole table full o whiffs beside a table full o Heli choppers ;D
I amuse me.

RotorheadTX

Bump and a preview of projects near the finish line - date's getting closer now.  :banghead:

sotoolslinger

Looks like at this point I will be there ;D
I amuse me.

Scooterman

Is that a Local Hawk?!?  BADAZZ!!!! :wacko:

Did you extend the wings, Tony?

RotorheadTX

Yes, I have stolen a Local Hawk.  :wacko:

Matchbox kit I had kicking around, wing extensions are Me-262 outer panels.
I used Hasegawa bits because they were handy, but solid wings like perhaps a Hobbyboss kit would have made the blending easier.

Roger the Cabin Boy

Quote from: RotorheadTX on September 26, 2010, 09:55:25 AM
Yes, I have stolen a Local Hawk.  :wacko:

Matchbox kit I had kicking around, wing extensions are Me-262 outer panels.
I used Hasegawa bits because they were handy, but solid wings like perhaps a Hobbyboss kit would have made the blending easier.

What was all that about imitation and flattery...?   :lol:
The future's so bright, I gotta wear NVGs...

Scooterman

DUDES! 
Got the day off!  Austin, here I come.  Tony, you got the tablespace to hang the banner?  I'm traveling light so we'll have more room for more whiffers.  Did you get a hold of EddieM or Retro70s?

sotoolslinger

Effin A Skippy :wub: I am bringing all my stuff :thumbsup: If we need more room I will buy the tables :wacko:
Is the Cap'n comin?
I amuse me.

Scooterman

Dunno.  Don't know his schedule.  Hope so!