Calculus anti-Shark submarine Mk.II

Started by Spey_Phantom, September 11, 2010, 10:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

yes, i still got the Tintin bug in me (like every crazy Belgian)  ;D
but instead of an aircraft (planned on building a prototype A-7J SuperSLUF), i decided to have a change of pace and build a Submarine (allongside a Syldavian LA-5FN to fight my bordurian 109  :blink:)

i plan to convert a 1/72 revell Me262B into a shark like submarine, the one from the Tintin stories was a single seater, with an oxigen supply lasting only 20 minutes, this version will be an updated one, with 2 seats and a longer dive time  :drink:
it is an experimental sub, so i think this qualifies  :huh:

here's a pic of the single seater from the comic book  :mellow:

and here's a pic of the me262, with its tail removed, she will hace a propellor fitted on the tail  -_-

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

oh, one more thing, i just decided to dump the Me262's standard canopy, and replace it with that of a matchbox Meteor NF.14 (kit comes with 2 canopies)
did a dry fit and it looks tons better  :wub:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

last night, all the parts for the cockpit were painted up  <_<

this morning, they were put together  :mellow:

fuselage halves met....

no now comes the hardest part, closing up the bottom with plasticard, tons of putty and a lot of sanding  :blink:

and here's a dryfit test fitting of the Meteor NF14 canopy, looks a lot better then the standard me262 canopy, if i ever get a hold of another Meteor night fighter, i might use the canopy to create a 50's version of the Me262  ;D

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nils on September 12, 2010, 02:08:42 AM
....and here's a dryfit test fitting of the Meteor NF14 canopy, looks a lot better then the standard me262 canopy, if i ever get a hold of another Meteor night fighter, i might use the canopy to create a 50's version of the Me262  ;D

How many would you like Nils?  ;D

I have VAST quantities of Matchbox Meatboxes up in The Loft.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Spey_Phantom

here's a small update on the build  ;D

i just finished plating and putty up the gaps, when its dry i can begin sanding  ;D

also, the first 2 sharkfins on the tail have ben fitted, a few more will follow later  :mellow:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Arc3371

Wow, looks like a very interesting build

Spey_Phantom

ok, one more update for today  :thumbsup:

the sub has been completly filled and sanded down, and all the sharkfins have been added.
the prop is currently drying (painted in copper/bronze).

if your wondering what those 2 drilled holes are on the bottom, well, im planning on putting it on a display stand (to be seen when its finished)  :mellow:

she's starting to look a lot like a shark  :lol:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Slerski

« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

tanktastic43

Ed S

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

buzzbomb

Green Dragon

Class build Nils! :thumbsup: That Meatbox canopy looks like it was designed for turning a 262 into the Tintin sub.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Spey_Phantom

last night, i painted the first layer of white on the underside and i just finished applying the second layer.
tomorrow im gonna start on the black paint  :mellow:

the canopy does seem a bit big though, i think the sub looks more 1/48 rather then 1/72  ;D

pictures  ;D

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.