The Massive Taiidan Thread

Started by Taiidantomcat, September 14, 2010, 09:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saintkatanalegacy

another suggestion for the taiidanflankercat:

how about making the engine housing boxy like the YF-23 ;)

that would make her over 9000x cooler  :wacko:
Ivylicious!™

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: saintkatanalegacy on July 15, 2011, 02:27:19 AM
another suggestion for the taiidanflankercat:

how about making the engine housing boxy like the YF-23 ;)

that would make her over 9000x cooler  :wacko:

My first though was "that ungrateful brat!! will nothing please SKL?!"  ;) Then I thought about it a second time "Thats actually pretty darn smart, fits well with Homeworld ships, and could probably be done with a few modified parts" So Maybe something for monday or tuesday (Have a big weekend planned.)

I took the the "1st" bulkhead and replaced the "2nd" bulkhead on the aircraft's right side:

^shows the new lowered side on the left and the original edition on the right (that pic actually worked better than I thought it would!)

^Original

^New

I am actually pretty happy with that fix. I feel Like its the best of both worlds, and its actually easier to construct! Hooray for common parts and lack of complex facets!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

saintkatanalegacy

me an ungrateful brat?! :P

hmmmp

:lol:

besides, us women are difficult to please so get used to it :tornado:
Ivylicious!™

saintkatanalegacy

*speed bumping on this thread*

hmmm... somebody went to the other side of the rabbit hole ;)
Ivylicious!™

Pablo1965

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Pablo1965 on July 22, 2011, 06:13:11 AM
This is a very big proyect. :thumbsup:

That is true!  :thumbsup:

Ivy, I do plan on doing the YF-23 stuff, because its a fantastic idea but it may be further in the future than i thought.  :-\

Here is the fleet:

I planned on adding all the parts I had made up so far for a much more dramatic shot, then I realized that it would be hours and meters of scotch tape. Which I would then spend hours carefully disassembling for safe storage. I will have to do this one model at a time. (yes I hope to post pics)

I had an idea:

^internal supports

New Top plate^

Older version^

New^

Old^

Need opinions, good, bad, ugly, suggestions, insults --whatever you got

Profile by our own Maverick. Based on a WWII Formation Ship scheme I instantly thought "Homeworld!" Very cool John  :bow:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

saintkatanalegacy

How about working like those folks in Sukhoi?

Finish projects/prototypes one at a time before moving to another rather than like the folks on LM who do things at the same time ;)
Ivylicious!™

Taiidantomcat

I have come to the same conclusions, SKL. Even LM has a team I am just one person  ;D Need to pick the first one and work on it today.  :cheers:

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on July 26, 2011, 06:38:53 AM

I have come to the same conclusions, SKL. Even LM has a team I am just one person  ;D Need to pick the first one and work on it today.  :cheers:

Don't listen to that. I was struck by inspiration:

F-8 Crusader Mod

javascript:void(0);

I would have included the Tomcat windscreen/canopy, but can you believe I forgot to bring one with me to TX? ( :banghead:) I tried using a spare Me-163 canopy but it just doesn't look right. going to have to imagine it moved forward like on the F-8, Imagination has never been a problem for people here luckily  :thumbsup:  It was kind of tricky as you are using proportions due to the Tomcats larger size.

(I'm going for Late model look) As I look at pics of the F-8J around the web it looks like I will have to lower the nose into the intake area more, but other than that, i am downright happy with this, and the options are endless  ;D going to have to make a few at least  :wacko:

Thoughts?

arkon

is that cardboard around the nose? will it be redone in plastic?
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: arkon on July 28, 2011, 08:04:50 PM
is that cardboard around the nose? will it be redone in plastic?

Yep, I like to mock it up and get the fit close and then transfer the measurements to styrene  :cheers:

Pablo1965

This air intake will be surprising, and really different. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

saintkatanalegacy

adding an intake in the middle means adding a booster in the middle :wacko:
Ivylicious!™

Taiidantomcat

Long time no update!

Added pieces, and drilled holes for the fin assemblies.

More greeblies. I love this nose art, I am going to preserve it. Too cool not to.

Blurry picture of the speed brake (I know a speed brake?! for a starship? Yep they must be atmospheric because in the game you can clearly see speed brakes on the fighters :drink:)

Seems simple enough...

After cutting-- Hooray Fins!!

Thanks for looking  :cheers:

Pablo1965

Accuracy and precision, really well done.  :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow: