The Massive Taiidan Thread

Started by Taiidantomcat, September 14, 2010, 09:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on May 17, 2011, 02:07:32 PM
Wuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cool!  :bow:

You could lightly, v e r y, ever-so-lightly drybrush the nozzles with white to make the glowing effect really pop.

What's with all the LEGO parts? Are you producing your very own snap-fit kit? :lol:

Thanks!  I used your drybrushing suggestion. The blue oil paint is kind of like a marker on a dry erase board, So I just used a Q-tip to wipe it off! Good idea, Moritz! The Legos are so I can remove the landing gear and see how it looks flying through space or just in a room with me making spaceship sounds.  :lol:

Last work for the day as I want the clamps to work on the warped intake piece overnight (too bad I was hoping to complete it today) It took me and SWMBO and tons of superglue to get it positioned with her holding it down while i rapidly affixed the clamps you see there.

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sotoolslinger

Holy expletive deleted  :o That is some most excellent work right there. :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: sotoolslinger on May 17, 2011, 04:20:08 PM
Holy expletive deleted  :o That is some most excellent work right there. :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:

Thank you so much! I am hoping to have it finished just in time to place behind your Sci-Fi subjects at the whiffies this year  ;)

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sotoolslinger

Shoot you definitely got a best paint winner there :wub:
I amuse me.

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: sotoolslinger on May 18, 2011, 12:00:07 PM
Shoot you definitely got a best paint winner there :wub:

I'll take anything! LOL You are a helluva Sci-Fi builder, no shame in taking second (Third?) to your TTA stuff  :cheers:

Photo Blitz!!

Added a 1/48 1950s Era or so pilot to show scale. He seems pretty proud:

Added anti glare panel.

Added frames.

Since this is supposed to be an Early Version of the Taii Tomcat I wanted to make it reminiscent of the early 1970s Tomcats with their really bright markings etc, hence the anti Glare and two tone nose (Gray instead of tan though)

The semi gloss clear coat has been added, and other than the frames and anti glare is all I really did today. Pastels Tomorrow hopefully.

I am torn about the Dark Colored Inflatable bags for the swing wings normally seen on the f-14 Tomcat. I can't decide if I should add them to this or not  :unsure:

:cheers:

sotoolslinger

Honestly 'Cat your paint work is a lot better than mine.  :bow: I cheat all my stuff with a lot of washes ,drybrushing ,and weathering :thumbsup:
Frankly I am more of a shape builder than a good finisher :banghead: ;D :rolleyes:
I amuse me.

Brian da Basher

Wow that's a prizewinner in every sense!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Outstanding!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

saintkatanalegacy

Ivylicious!™

Pablo1965

Tomcat in the space with a WRAP engine.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

sequoiaranger

...are you sure it's not Vichy French?

Good job!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: sequoiaranger on May 19, 2011, 05:33:43 PM
...are you sure it's not Vichy French?

Good job!

Ha! I actually thought about doing a Vichy French Model for practice! I think the Taiidan Scheme looks good on anything, not a bad idea for a 109 or 190. Might give it a try some day, would look neato with some French roundels. Turn some heads no doubt

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: GTX on May 20, 2011, 12:39:58 PM
:thumbsup:

I shall see your emmotican and raise you a  :ph34r:

This is the Taiidan Defender, it has three guns that pivot and wreck things. I plan on using one of those guns in place of the Under nose IR sensor:

Here is what I have so far:

Complex little things!^

Fin Comparison:

Wing Box, sensors, Spine, and that cute little fin on top:

Profile:

I came to the conclusion shortly after building these that I love the Sensors (behind the Landing gear there) and that rhomboid box and spine, but I needed to scale them all down a bit for future versions. One of the reasons why the latest cat looks different. (and as you can bet the next will look even more different  :wacko: )

NARSES2

Amazing stuff...none more so then the quality of the masking  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Clave

Work is ongoing on the two profiles now - and I have seen the light! fin!  :lol: