The Massive Taiidan Thread

Started by Taiidantomcat, September 14, 2010, 09:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Clave on June 01, 2011, 09:47:41 AM
Work is ongoing on the two profiles now - and I have seen the light! fin!  :lol:

You won't believe how awesome these are folks  :wub:

Clave, Sorry for the late update. Here is the Gun:

On the model I will have to move it up to make room for the gear door -- but for the profile, the placement in the above pics is perfect. Really hope this helps  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Pablo1965

Taiidantomcat

Profiles by the wonderful Clave  ;D

:cheers:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Pablo1965

FAR148

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: FAR148 on June 07, 2011, 10:34:47 PM

Steven L  :wub:

Now you know how I feel in all of your threads ;D

I am in Texas now, and I have good news and bad. The bad is that after finally showing some brilliant color the last few pages, I am back to making lots of white pieces and sanding and fitting and sanding and fitting. The good news is, I have this and only a couple other kits to focus on so I should make some real progress. So I packed up a lot of different things, in a lot of different boxes. Last night I was going over my notes and decided I needed to take some inventory tomorrow. Its a good thing I did, because I discovered a ton of parts I had forgotten about that I thought I needed to make over the next few days!!  :party:

I then cut down a 1/2" X 1/2" piece of basswood that wouldn't fit into any box over the long trip and finally cut it into the pieces I wanted:

With pylons:

This and a lot of the pieces in the top pic are going to a "warthog" version of the Taii Tomcat

pyro-manic

That stripy Tremblers Tomcat profile is amazing. :wub: This is going to be very cool. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

saintkatanalegacy

hmmm... reminds me of the belly modification for internal bays on the flanker ;D
Ivylicious!™

sotoolslinger

Hey Tomcat come over to my house bubba. I got plenty o room :thumbsup: :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: sotoolslinger on June 14, 2011, 07:44:07 AM
Hey Tomcat come over to my house bubba. I got plenty o room :thumbsup: :wub:

You are Southern Hospitality personified  :thumbsup:

SKL- good thinking! I know the F-14 IMI had something like that too, I hope to make some and then cast them and start churning out USAF Tomcats someday

Thank you Phil!!

Thanks Pyro! Clave had that one done faster than I could blink. Treble one is popular!!

Small update:

Destroyer spine taped up for fit check

future fins to go on said spine, not yet fully cut

And the ship it is supposed to resemble, the Taiidan Destroyer: (mainly that spine part)

Not bad for a couple days work. I would like to thank my Geometry teachers, who without their help would have made the measuring, cutting, remeasuring, calculating, and finally cutting so much tougher. Yep, I found a use for Geometry!! Also found this:

You could see how that could be a precursor to a Taiidan Tomcat... Kind of getting there right?

McColm

saintkatanalegacy

Ivylicious!™

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: saintkatanalegacy on June 15, 2011, 05:10:09 AM
it will need X-tails then  :wacko:

I know it!  :thumbsup: But there isn't much room and I love the Horizontal Stabilizers as they are. I do plan on making a bunch with X-tails but they may be smaller scale and posed in flight! I'm still looking for a way to have them fold up, so I can pose them flying or parked.

You wouldn't believe what head scratchers these are. Lots of pieces and definitely 3D I think I cracked them though.

New Wing Gloves meant to look like the front "tusks" of the Higariin Battlecruiser:

The top part anyway  ;D

Left side looking good at least. This is the one where I pull out all the stops which why its already looking pretty bulky.

If you have been enjoying this thread (or at least the cool original Taiidan designs from Homeworld) I have found a little treat. Someone took the time to actually look at the design similarity and style of all the Taiidan ships and put it all in one interesting place along with helpful notes. Lots of stuff I had noticed but more than a few things I had not. If anything, its worth looking at how he compares the Taiidan craft to Russian/Soviet Designs ( I knew there was a reason I loved them so much)

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?243306-Taiidani-design

Well worth the click^

And just so you know I do have lots of plans for Taiidan Flankers  :wacko:

saintkatanalegacy

Ivylicious!™