The Massive Taiidan Thread

Started by Taiidantomcat, September 14, 2010, 09:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: saintkatanalegacy on June 17, 2011, 12:15:24 AM
apparently, they speak russian as well... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAM9Vm33Yl0 ;D

Yep! Another thing I didn't know.

I packed this 1/48 CH-53 with me unintentionally:

I had won it as part of an Ebay auction of completed models. It was in a USCG scheme, and as I stripped the paint I realized it was only the first layer and it had worn a combat scheme before that! I planned on making it Taiidan anyway so as long as its here I will try to make the most of it. I took one Fuselage half and traced it onto some paper then started planning the alterations. When I get bored with the Tomcat stuff I will work on it. (<-pure insanity i know)

In other news we have a family of paper wasps living in our window sill scaring the bejesus out of SWMBO. I tried to get pics but my camera would not cooperate. They look exactly like this:

Very inspirational! I didn't know wasps came in Red and Yellow since I have only really seen Black and yellow! A google search for "paper wasp" turns up a lot of different red and yellow types-- learn something new everyday! As pretty as they are, I'm going to kill them all tonight.

Been looking for this all over the Web-- Awesome ship:

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

saintkatanalegacy

speaking of ships... reminds me of a game I used to play...

and of course my personal favorite

Ivylicious!™

Mossie

Blimey, I have to whizz through this page quick, or I might just wait till page 9.  Hate wasps, gagggh!!! :-\ :-\ :-\
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on June 19, 2011, 03:18:49 PM
<...>
In other news we have a family of paper wasps living in our window sill scaring the bejesus out of SWMBO. I tried to get pics but my camera would not cooperate. They look exactly like this:

<...>

You do know that's a sign of the whiffing gods, don't you? It says: PUT AN INVERTED PHALANX ON THE WASPISH-LOOKING SUPERHIND NAOUGHHH!  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Taiidantomcat

You do know that's a sign of the whiffing gods, don't you? It says: PUT AN INVERTED PHALANX ON THE WASPISH-LOOKING SUPERHIND NAOUGHHH!  :wacko:

And I killed them all... uh oh. Wish I had finished that Hind before my move. Hope to get that done in late august. That will make SKL happy too. speaking of which, cool ships! What game is that from?

In taiidan news I am still working on a bunch of pieces. Its kind of tedious because it takes a lot of time and there is nothing but big white shapes after all the work! I hope to have a mock up or two ready in the next few days so there is more to see. I have hit a bit of a bottleneck, and will have to work on 3 or 4 versions all at once to find a good configuration I like.

:cheers:

By Norsehound

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

saintkatanalegacy

t'is from EVE online... kinda miss that game LOL
Ivylicious!™

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: saintkatanalegacy on June 22, 2011, 10:09:54 PM
t'is from EVE online... kinda miss that game LOL

You got good taste  :thumbsup:

I marked out the shape I wanted on some 1/48 Tomcat plans and cut them out. (I need to use this technique more often  :banghead: Its so much easier!) Dont usually get the chance though because drawing in 2D won't help too often in 3D

Made into styrene and then cut so its not a flat piece (more on that in the coming days hopefully). I used a small ruler and marked out where the curves are on the top. Using those measurements I was able to complete pieces for this:

Not a bad little mock up! The measurements seemed to have worked fairly well, and I am pretty happy. I plan on using this part in other whifs as well (F-14I anyone? :wacko: )

Pablo1965

Great, amazing way to work, mountains of plastic becomes to a new awesome plane. This is going well. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :bow:

saintkatanalegacy

How about... flankerizing it as well? :wacko:
Ivylicious!™

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: saintkatanalegacy on June 28, 2011, 07:01:04 AM
How about... flankerizing it as well? :wacko:

Like this?

Or did you have something else in mind?  :wacko:

saintkatanalegacy

I want that, the taiidan look and X-tails! :wacko:

all in one! ;D
Ivylicious!™

Brian da Basher

I'm watching with great interest and enjoying every update!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Pablo1965

Wow! Shukoirizing the Grumman, It´s a cause of shock.  :blink: :blink: Half hour later... :blink: An hour later  :bow: :bow: :bow:

McColm