Sad day for me...... (bye-bye model)

Started by Army of One, September 16, 2010, 06:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

.........time to say good bye.......to one of my prized possessions.......Tamiya 1/32 Tomcat F14A....what an awesome kit....dunno how long I have had it....gotta be over 15 years....nearly 20 maybe......I paid £40 when it was £55 in the shop. It is one of those kits that you love,would love to build but are maybe a bit daunted by it....maybe worried wouldn't do justice to it.....most people prob got one or two like that in the stash. Anyhoo,it is going to a friend who is exchanging it for a Trumpeter 1/35 Mi 24 Hind!!! At last!!!! More chance of building this....admittedly as a long term project. Funny thing is,the friend its going to is the one I bought it of originally...!!! Never understood why the seperate nose section is beautifully engraved and the rest of the kit is raised panel lines.....? Cost maybe....even for Tamiya....?.....H

If this not in the right place can an admin plse move it.....didn't think it was for general chat....H

Edit:  Editing subject name to be less nebulous.
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

NARSES2

I think we all have kits we probably will never build because we find the prospect a little daunting...I've at least 3 Vac forms like that  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Mr TT...prob will.....this time it may be a trumpeter one..... ;D
Chris.....not wrong there.....

Well....so much for reducing the stash......leave home with one big box....come home with one bigger box (Airfix 1/24 FW190A,not wanted by him.....) a smaller box (1/48 Tamiya Sherman...given due to a comment I made) and 3 mahoosive a/c.....P51D,Corsair F4U and a Blackhawk in 1/16 or 1/18 scale.....what the hell am I gonna do with them.....???? And still the 1/35 Trumpeter Hind to come as swopsie for the F14.......H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

I know how you feel, I've got an original Airfix 1/24 Harrier GR.1 in the stash that I was bought for Christmas about twenty years ago.  I've always wanted to do a job on it with extra detail & such but never felt my skills are good enough.  I've no plans to sell it, I guess it'll just languish on the bottom shelf of the stash until I finally pluck up the courage or I pop my clogs!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

James

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 16, 2010, 08:24:10 AM
I think we all have kits we probably will never build because we find the prospect a little daunting...I've at least 3 Vac forms like that  :banghead:

Yeah - a Mach 2 Valiant in my case.  :blink: