Towed Artillery

Started by Alvis 3.14159, September 18, 2010, 10:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvis 3.14159

My local club had a buold theme one month, it was "towed Artillery".
So sue me, nobody sent me an email, I only heard them say it out loud. Is it my fault I didn't know they meant "towed", and not....

TOAD?

:)

Alvis Pi

BTW, several club members were unamused that their wonderful Flak 88s and such were totally ignored once my stupid model showed up. Oh darn.

NARSES2

Wonderfull, that just made me laugh out loud  ;D

Do you mind if I use the picture in the next UK What If SIG Newsletter ?

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tanktastic43

rickshaw

Very funny.  My question is, where are the rounds loaded into the breech?   :o
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Alvis 3.14159

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 19, 2010, 02:13:46 AM

Absolutely no problem!
Alvis Pi

Steel Penguin

i was half expecting anouther model with the AT-AT legs ( toed) but this is equaly as brilliant  :thumbsup:
wonderful, simply wonderful.
my wife is asking if you did the alternative  that fired toads at the opposition?
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

NARSES2

Quote from: Alvis 3.14159 on September 19, 2010, 02:37:50 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on September 19, 2010, 02:13:46 AM

Absolutely no problem!
Alvis Pi

Thanks Alvis
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ChernayaAkula

Absolutely inspired! :bow: The WIN readings are off the scale on this one!  :party:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

philp

Is it scary that the first thing I thought of matched what you made?

You may want to check this out also.
http://www.eurekamin.com.au/news.php?newsid=EkVlEVAFuuJaZTTYKf

And looks like you are not the only one to get confused.  From a 2009 show.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Alvis 3.14159

Wow...that's much better done than mine. Whoever did that is a skilled punster, and a magnificant modeller as well.

Alvis Pi.

Weaver

Quote from: Alvis 3.14159 on September 18, 2010, 10:30:33 PM
BTW, several club members were unamused that their wonderful Flak 88s and such were totally ignored once my stupid model showed up. Oh darn.

I'll bet the guy who announces the themed builds in your club sits up into the small hours the night before writing and re-writing what he's going to say to avoid any possible pun. Do you find he's talking to the rest of the club but watching you constantly out of the corner of his eye?  ;D

That Russian toad is excellent. Of course, the ultimate payload for a Russian toad would be a FROG rocket, wouldn't it?  ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Weaver on September 20, 2010, 10:20:44 AM
That Russian toad is excellent. Of course, the ultimate payload for a Russian toad would be a FROG rocket, wouldn't it?  ;D

Brilliant!  ;D

The helmet is a neat addition! :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Jacques Deguerre

And now we know what's REALLY hiding in the infamous California Toad Tunnels! :lol:
Some clever and amusing quote goes here.

Taiidantomcat

brilliant Alvis! No "Guerrilla warfare" themes in the future for your club now LOL
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.