Thunderbolt to Vietnam

Started by Pablo1965, September 20, 2010, 03:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

chrisonord

I am really liking this, totally on my wavelength as I love turbo propped ww2 fighters armed to the teeth. :bow: :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Tophe

:wub: That's one of the most beautiful Thunderbolt I have ever seen! Congratulations, artist! :thumbsup: :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Green Dragon

What a stunner!  :wub: :wub:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

PR19_Kit

There are few aircraft on which a Wyvern nose would look right, apart from a Wyvern of course, but you've built one Pablo!  :thumbsup:

Awesome build indeed, but I'm glad I'm not the pilot, sat in between those two monster jet pipes!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pablo1965

I am very happy that my P-47 has been appreciated by all of you.
The spirit of Seversky are with us...jajajaja  :cheers: :wub:

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

PACOPEPE

Great idea; and very well done. Congratulations. :thumbsup:

Regards
Fran

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Shasper

Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Green Dragon

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 21, 2010, 11:20:23 AM
There are few aircraft on which a Wyvern nose would look right, apart from a Wyvern of course, but you've built one Pablo!  :thumbsup:

Awesome build indeed, but I'm glad I'm not the pilot, sat in between those two monster jet pipes!
I thought the same thing Kit, very toasty cockpit! Good in the winter though.  ;D

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Pablo1965

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 21, 2010, 11:20:23 AM

When the turbo past his pipeline around the pilot... the circumstances are not too diferent.
Remenber the Turbo was behind the pilot.

GTX

Seems a familiar idea ;D:

See here.

Great work! :thumbsup:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Pablo1965

Quote from: GTX on September 23, 2010, 03:59:53 PM
Seems a familiar idea ;D:

See here.
Great work! :thumbsup:
Regards,
Greg
It Is cool specially, the twin version with turret.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is a Mike Millete kit over the original XP-47

Sturmbock