Lockheed/BAE Systems Raptor F.1

Started by Slerski, September 22, 2010, 01:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slerski

Title says all :D

UK, long-time ally of USA, became the first export customer of the brand-new (completly useless and very very expensive) dominance fighter. Several planes (more precisely 16) were bought and built by BAE.

More backstory after model completion and pics will come very soon.
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

Fulcrum

Interesting, the RAF, in my opinion, deserves the F-22 despite the cost & useability.
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Slerski on September 22, 2010, 01:34:18 PM
(completly useless and very very expensive)

:wacko: I am surprised the MOD didn't buy 600 then  :banghead: Just a joke folks! Can't wait to see this Slerski
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

trekaddict

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on September 22, 2010, 10:11:05 PM
Quote from: Slerski on September 22, 2010, 01:34:18 PM
(completly useless and very very expensive)

:wacko: I am surprised the MOD didn't buy 600 then  :banghead: Just a joke folks! Can't wait to see this Slerski

You do realize that since Britain rose from the azure main the biggest enemy of the British Armed forces were never people like Bonaparte or the Germans but rather HM Treasury?

Slerski

So... I need you're help.

I have several options for the decoration.

1/ Raptor F.1, 56(R) Sqn, RAF Coningsby
2/ Raptor F.1, 5 Sqn, RAF Coningsby
3/ Raptor F.1, 111 Sqn, RAF Leuchars
4/ Raptor FGR.1, 617 Sqn, RAF Lossiemouth (with GBUUUUUU !!!)

Taiidantomcat

Im a treble one fanatic so thats my vote  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Shasper

What about No. 56 Sqn (the Firebirds) ?
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

anthonyp

If my company is involved, expect a 25% markup, and something like the ejector seat being installed wrong.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

trekaddict

Dambusters! Dambusters!

Seriously, if I can ever find the time and patience to do a proper Vulcan model, it'll have to be No.617 Squadron.

lancer

Can't find myself being able to suggest a squadron to have that thing foisted on them.....
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Slerski

Quote from: Falcon on September 24, 2010, 11:09:09 AM
Quote from: Shasper on September 23, 2010, 01:41:47 PM
What about No. 56 Sqn (the Firebirds) ?

Everybody seems to do 56 Squadron 'Firebirds'.

It kinda gets a bit tedious seeing the various ''What If's'' at model shows in 56 sqn markings. The same goes for 617, 41 and 111 RAF squadrons and 892 RN (FAA) squadrons.

It is much nicer to see some of the other squadrons markings used for a change.

So I have... 3 Sqn, 5 Sqn, 11 Sqn, 17 Sqn, 23 Sqn, 25 Sqn, 29 Sqn, 43 Sqn... And some others :)

But I listed only fighter squadron (which used the Tornado F3 for example) (Yes I know... Dambusters is not a fighter squadron, it's a fighter-bomber squadron :D)

lancer

I now have an idea for at least one of the Zvezda T50's when they're finally released. Not a difficult one to guess is it?
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Slerski

Exhuming this thread with two teaser pictures...

upnorth

Great idea!

I have some spare 1/72 43 Sqn. low vis Phantom decals I could spare for you if you're interested.

They're part of a Modeldecal sheet I bought for some 64 Sqn. markings and I have no intent to use the 43 stuff.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/