Me262 with Mk112 55mm cannon, New HobbyBoss '262A1a/U4 modified

Started by sagallacci, September 27, 2010, 06:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 29, 2010, 03:49:17 PM
Quote from: sagallacci on September 29, 2010, 01:21:33 PM
If the kit is the old Revell 1/32 kit, it is awfully gnarlly, probably the crudest/least accurate of their line of 1/32 kits. The one captured machine only appeared in USAAF markings, but there is nothing to prevent a whiffy finish. There have been several 1/72 kits and/or conversions, one based on the new Revell kit ought to be pretty good.

It's a 1/72 scale kit, I'm fairly certain it's a RoG one.  I found my decal sheet of markings for captured 262's, it's Ventura sheet V7263 and it covers five USAAF ones and an RAF one.  The five USAAF ones actually cover three aircraft, the one with the 50mm has two options as does a recon bird.

Revell never did the Kanonvogel in 72nd.  Bob, yours is most likely the MPM abortion, with their own fuselage based on the Hasegawa example and wings and engines from the Smer release of the Heller Me 262B  My advice is use the MPM fuselage with the wings and engines from the Revell kit.  They do fit with some minor surgery.  Certainly easier.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.