Boeing C.17 Globemaster

Started by TsrJoe, September 29, 2010, 04:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TsrJoe

iv made a start on the Anigrand kit of the C.17 Globemaster joined the fuselage and chopped out the rear fuselage ramp after removing all the internal bulkheads, a lil bit of tinkering required accuracywise but should look an impressive beast in size once finished, hmm, what scheme, USAF., RAF., NATO., Finnish? definately one for 'whiffing' methinks (i picked up a Revell 1/144 one too as reference)

hmm, decisions decisions?

piccie #1 fuselage halves together, steel rods added to wings and checking for alignment
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

TsrJoe

Boeing C.17 Globemaster in NATO. markings illustrated by John Lacey 'maverick'  :bow:

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Maverick

NATO FTW eh Joe?  Here's me thinking you were heading down the Ilmavoimat path...

Regards,

Mav

TsrJoe

TsrJoe

yip definately going the Finnish route with the C.17, a 'plain jane' but should fit in with my 'future Ilmavoimat' theme  :thumbsup:
The models progressed a bit further since i took the piccie, fuselage is now together, a basic interior hold added and wings attatched, ill post up some more snaps later showing it so far

Boeing C.17 Globemaster in Ilmavoimat markings illustrated by John Lacey 'maverick'  :cheers:

TsrJoe

kitnut617

Good link that, Joe.  It will be helpful when I get started on my 1/72 Combat Models vacuform kit.  Got some J Rutman resin bits for it so it's good to go as soon as kick start myself.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

TsrJoe

just recieved from 'Southern Sky Models' the 'Flying High' decal sheet for Australian C.17's ...

http://www.southernskymodels.com.au/Decals.php?keyword=&supp=Flying%20High%20Decals&scale=all&page=2&Submit=Search

an excellent sheet providing most of the stencil detail and walkways for the aircraft as well as a really neat decal for the non slip cargo hold floor pattern which would be a pain to replicate otherwise (just as well i made mine a slide in component to aid further detailing!)

im pretty happy with the interior hold for what can be seen of it anyway, hopefully the beast will be ready for a first coat primer by the end of the week, then itll be adding all those external panel rib details from letraline tape  :banghead:

Shasper

BOG? That's just . . . boring :D What about the 3-tone white/light green/dark green camo?
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

FishHead

You might be interested in Alex's photography then?;

http://www.pbase.com/doogs38/c17

(Visit the site for some great reference pics).

More aircraft photos of Alex's here;

http://www.pbase.com/doogs38/root

TsrJoe

OGL. passed along the Combat Models C.17 kit at the weekend there, hmmm, in a lot of ways its actually more accurate than the Anigrand one (wing fairing position being the main example)  :banghead:

I just know as im putting the finishing touches onto it, an injection kit will be announced

past couple of days have been spent making up the engine units (i refrained from opening up the thrust reversers!)

pics to follow ...

Maverick

Looking forward to it Joe.

Regards,

Mav

Mossie

Qatar Emiri Air Force maybe?  A year ago or so you'd have been accused of being on the crazy side of whiffdom! :party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

McColm

Ever thought of doing a stretched version?

Aussie747

Quote from: TsrJoe on September 29, 2010, 04:59:47 AM
ouch looks like i need to a bit more tinkering ...

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27937

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=174226

Glad you found my build threads Joe, it has been a long battle. I am sure an injected one will be announced when either of us finish theirs off.

Nice to see a more complete model. I need to get the interior done so I can get the fuselage together and get back to work on the cockpit area. The part is really bugging me and I not sure how I will get the winscreen and cockpit roof to look right. I have been told that McDonnell Douglas used the windscreen panels form the DC10/MD11 which may help.

:cheers:
Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T