Red Arrow with a difference?

Started by Nick, May 03, 2004, 03:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

QuoteThe Hawk rocks, just came back from a week in the lake district and a two ship Hawk formation would blast past the cottage we stayed in every morning at 10.30 on the dot at about 400 feet...
Sounds good, I should be going up that way next week, whereabouts was it? :D

Nick B)  

F-32

The A66 (I think) going into Keswick, basically they fly over the Golf course.  There is also an 'ancient' stone circle on top of a hill along the same road, they go directly over it, plenty of parking and good views! :P  

Captain Canada

Yeah, and unlike Nick the Cameraless....maybe you can tke a few snaps, Chris !!!

:P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

Hey Nick, while you're up that way you might want to visit Hadrians Wall.  Its pretty cool, especially the stuff they've excavated.  Vindolanda & the fort at Birdoswald are excellent if you're interested in that kind of stuff.  Its less than an hours drive from Keswick.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Nick

Thanks for that lads, I doubt I'm going much further north than Keswick but maybe another day...

BTW, I'm not camera-less, just digital camera-less! Mum gets back from Crete tomorrow and once I've delet^_^_^downloaded her pics I'll have it to myself!

Nick B)  

Nick

I HAVE RETURNED!

I went up to Wastwater (Englands deepest lake) and stayed there for 4 nights, climbing a different hill each day including Scafell Pike (Englands highest mountain) on Friday. Only saw some military flights on the Thursday evening, firstly a pair of F-15s chasing each other with nice trails from the wingtips. Then a light coloured delta winged thingy came down from the mountains as I approached St Olafs Church (Englands smallest church), it took a few seconds while I remembered that we don't fly Vulcans anymore and they never had canards... Eurofighter! :)

Then there was a flight of 3 or 4 Hercules doing a bit of hill-hopping. Also saw another solo Herky-bird as I came out of the Wasdale Head Inn (home of Englands biggest liar) one evening at dusk after a few pints of Burnmoor Pale Ale, a most beautiful brew and made on the premises too. :cheers:

Nick B)