Main Menu

Glasgow 2010

Started by Martin H, October 01, 2010, 02:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Some SERIOUSLY good stuff there, well done all concerned. I just wish it was closer.  :angry:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 23, 2010, 02:57:26 PM
Some SERIOUSLY good stuff there, well done all concerned.

Agreed  :thumbsup: Great pictures
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Thanks for the comments about the pictures guys. The pictures are on my Photobucket account if you wish to look at them separately under the user name of Gondor44.

I even managed to find two fairly decent models to add to the show myself and they will not be the last.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

JayBee

and some more photos. Not all from the SIG stand.

First some from the SIG dispaly:

This is Martin's canon nosed Whirlwind conversion, which is available in exchange for some drinking tokens.

Martin's Twin tail Whirlwind.

TSRJoe's SABA

BAe Supersonic VTOL project. Built by TSRJoe in his profesional model making role and for many years he could not tell about it as it was covered by the Official Secrets Act.

Martin's well known Sea Lightning

Delta Dagger F1

Two seat Hunter

Supermarine Swift

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

JayBee

Some Sci-Fi & Figures.

and from this forum's "Mistress Mannerheim"

Natural light

and with flash

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

JayBee

Finally some other stuff that caught my eye

From a one-man display entitled "My Little Navy"
The wing span of the aircraft is about 1cm!

I love the way the sides of this base follow the waves.

Cats are not real. 

philp

Thanks for the pics, especially the Sci-Fi stuff/
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Hobbes

I'd love to hear more about this:

QuoteBAe Supersonic VTOL project. Built by TSRJoe in his profesional model making role and for many years he could not tell about it as it was covered by the Official Secrets Act.

Howard of Effingham

that PRU blue twin vampire is very nice!

well done jim!  :thumbsup:
Keeper of George the Cat.

TsrJoe

..oops caught ! en route to OGL's car with 'some' purchases (thanks Sandy !)
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

JayBee

Told you, he was a one man swarm of locusts. The Wooksta described him as a Whirlwind. :wacko:

Cats are not real. 

Martin H

Joe wasnt alone is swarming around that mega stash sale. It was the stall doing the most buisness all day. Even Paul from littlecars relived them of a few kits.

For those wondering what we are on about. There was a couple selling off their late sons stash. It did feel a bit like picking over the guys bones, but at least his parents will have something to show from the disposal. They must have made a few grand on the day. dispite under pricing almost every thing.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

Good thing they didn't try it at Telford, they'd have been slung out on their ear........  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tojo633

Thats only 2 of the bags Joe bought there was even more by the end of the night......... Joe and I met them at the Dundee show in August and suggested they make the trip to Glasgow, I am sure they told me it was the wife's brother who died suddenly, very sad but like all things they know nothing about models etc and were just trying their best to sell them off.
Yes it was probably the busiest stand on the day, I know I got a few bargains but had to let a few go, because I could easily have bought many more.They wiped out a good part of their selection on the day and that really says it all. Nice folk as well.
Cheers
Sandy

TsrJoe

SSSSSHHHHH... i managed to hide most of them in the dungeon by the time swmbo got back  :wacko:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)