MILTON KEYNES 2011

Started by Radish, October 06, 2010, 01:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

A smashing day. Lovely Tri-dak!!
The "moment" of the day was Haydn Hughes' face when I told him I'd be putting the BatDak on the USAF SIG stand at Huddersfield.....

Good to see everyone.
Had a very productive day building a Panther tank (1/35th), the bulk of which is now done. Meerkat again ;)
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Martin H

Quote from: Radish on February 06, 2011, 02:35:42 PM
The "moment" of the day was Haydn Hughes' face when I told him I'd be putting the BatDak on the USAF SIG stand at Huddersfield.....

I wondered why he was being so nice to me
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Martin H on February 06, 2011, 12:34:21 PM
more like we where struggling to keep a strait face, while you were spinning your little yarn to that hapless poor fellow lol

What was all that about then? I must have been away at the time.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Some seriously great stuff! I have a particular fondness for this little beauty, who's the creator?

Quote from: Martin H on February 06, 2011, 09:53:18 AM

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Green Dragon

That is the Sharkit model done by Mike McEvoy if I'm not mistaken? Beaut little plane! Edit:- forgot to say it's a McDonnell Model 60 and the swing wing Mirage G8 by anigrand is Mikes too. http://grumpyoldmodeller.com/bench.html

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 06, 2011, 03:21:53 PM
Quote from: Martin H on February 06, 2011, 12:34:21 PM
more like we where struggling to keep a strait face, while you were spinning your little yarn to that hapless poor fellow lol

What was all that about then? I must have been away at the time.

It was absolutely brilliant. The guy did rather walk into it, but Dave had him convinced that the Wellington Mistel and the operation covered by the backstory was real.  I still think he was humouring us and the went back to his mates saying "you'll never believe what that lot over there think" ??  :blink:

The Spitfire XII caused an interesting "whiffers JMN moment" -   ;D although I'm still not convinced by the belly tank ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

OK here's my pictures = a few duplicates with Martin

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

NARSES2

NARSES2

NARSES2

NARSES2

NARSES2

Hobbes

Is that the Anigrand P.1216?

NARSES2

Yup, in Tiny Tots corner. It's one of Mike M's