Airfix SRN4-Hovercraft ideas

Started by McColm, October 06, 2010, 06:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

Mate of mine actually came up with a three tone dessert camo paint from a single Citadel pot! Still can't figure how he did it, I've never been able to replicate it but it looked great!

Paul Harrision

"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Green Dragon on August 09, 2011, 05:38:48 PM
Mate of mine actually came up with a three tone dessert camo paint from a single Citadel pot! Still can't figure how he did it, I've never been able to replicate it but it looked great!

He probably stirred it once clockwise, the 2nd time anti-clockwise and the 3rd time with both brushes at once.  :lol:

(read the instructions on the Tartan paint tins...........)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on August 09, 2011, 02:55:05 PM
and one enterprising soul from the motor pool sent some hapless boy to get a fallopian tube from the stores who redirected him to the medical centre......  :blink: :blink:

Gondor

;D  ;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 10, 2011, 06:50:18 AM
Quote from: Gondor on August 09, 2011, 02:55:05 PM
and one enterprising soul from the motor pool sent some hapless boy to get a fallopian tube from the stores who redirected him to the medical centre......  :blink: :blink:

Gondor

;D  ;D ;D

I know of a bloke sent for a "LONG WEIGHT"
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

lenny100

once sent a new requite to the chief engineer for his "test tackles"
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

kitnut617

sending the apprentice to get a metric adjustable wrench (spanner) always produced a few laughs, along with getting sky hooks.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Green Dragon

I went for a Long Stand in the site office. Foreman thought I was a new guy so I stayed there, nice and warm, for about an hour til it stopped pouring with rain!  ;D

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

PR19_Kit

As a Student Apprentice in 1962 my welding instuctor sent me to get some 'teak welding rod' from the stores..........

But I saw through him and went to the Pattern Shop where I'd been the previous month and got them to turn me up a few lengths of dowel and  put them in a welding rod box before I returned to the Welding Shop.  ;D

The instructor's face when I handed him the box was PRICELESS!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit