Main Menu

the Nightfighters GB

Started by Spey_Phantom, October 09, 2010, 07:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandiego89

I would be in for a GB on this.  Later 1940's jet most likely. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

Quote from: lancer on November 16, 2010, 10:24:43 AM
So you're thinking of doing a B36 nightfighter?? The mind well and truely boggles!!!

Hehehe, think of how many gun turrets you could carry? You could fly into the middle of the enemy fiormation and just let fly in every direction at once! Not only that, you could carry the MOTHER of all radars on there somewhere.......  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

philp

Yeah, rattle can black, my favorite paint scheme.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

lancer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 16, 2010, 03:45:11 PM
So you're thinking of doing a B36 nightfighter?? The mind well and truely boggles!!!

Hehehe, think of how many gun turrets you could carry? You could fly into the middle of the enemy fiormation and just let fly in every direction at once! Not only that, you could carry the MOTHER of all radars on there somewhere.......  ;)

A lotta room for underwing AAM's and I suppose a rotary launcher in the bomb bay, just for overkills' sake.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 16, 2010, 03:45:11 PM

Hehehe, think of how many gun turrets you could carry? You could fly into the middle of the enemy fiormation and just let fly in every direction at once! Not only that, you could carry the MOTHER of all radars on there somewhere.......  ;)

Screw the guns, you could kill 'em with the radar..... :wacko:

"Er, Boss, we've lost both ignition circuits on all four engines, the radio's just blown up and the tail gunner's, well... cooked..."
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Doc Yo

A B-36 would be an excellent platform for Skysweepers...and the British version could have carried half a
dozen Bloodhounds aloft...

Mick Keenan

Just one question, will night attackers be included in this GB?
If yes, I have a "Bed-Check" idea going in my head, involving Hunters. ;D

Doc Yo

Quote from: Mick Keenan on November 30, 2010, 12:49:03 PM
Just one question, will night attackers be included in this GB?
If yes, I have a "Bed-Check" idea going in my head, involving Hunters. ;D

I think its a fine idea. Would open the field to B-26s, among other things.

Even if this doesn't take off, its fixed an idea for me. I'd been planning a Ju 488, and since I picked
up a pair of Condor Enzians at the last Austin show....

Geoff

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 15, 2010, 03:37:39 PM
I need to check the stock levels of matt black paint before committing myself to this madness, but I do have a spare B-36 knocking about somewhere.......  ;)

Oij!!! :banghead:

Flyboy69

I like nightfighters a lot!!!!! count me in.

Arnold :thumbsup:

Finally out of the closet!!!!!!!