Main Menu

the Nightfighters GB

Started by Spey_Phantom, October 09, 2010, 07:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

just something that jumped to mind,

the goal is to build a Night Fighter, it could be a WWI, WWII, or post war, cold war or modern design.
there are a large number of Night Fighter kits out there (Mosquito NF.II, NF.XIX, Meteor NF, beaufighter, Ar240, Me262B,....)
new addaptions of daytime fighters are also encouraged, exsample: FW Flitzer UHU, Westland Wirlwind (fighter), Hawker Hunter, ....
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

lancer

Seeing as I have a thing for nightfighters, count me in for this GB
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Cliffy B

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Slerski

« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

Taiidantomcat

Huge fan of Night Fighters myself  :thumbsup: Count me in!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Daryl J.

I've been waiting for a good reason to put my He-219 into Vietnam's night while serving in the USAF alongside the Beaufighter.   

Doc Yo

One of my favorite types, especially the Luftwaffe birds...and I will have lots of left over Ju 188 parts
in the nearish future...

I'm in.

saintkatanalegacy

mmmm... stealth... shadows... planes... be VERY afraid :wacko: [insert evil laugh here]
Ivylicious!™

Weaver

Mmmm - and there's me with two sets of spare German radar aerials, courtesy of Smer Me-262s (which come with them on the sprue, whatever the version  :thumbsup:). Now where's that Bristol Fighter...... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

James

Count me in. I've got a DH88 Comet which is itching to become a pre-war nightfighter..... :mellow:

saintkatanalegacy

I'm thinking along the lines of naming it "curse", "dark scythe", "phantasm"...

invisible to radar and lurks along clouds...

can see you but you can't...

now that's a really scary thought... :blink:
Ivylicious!™

arrow

Icould accept this challenge, this would be my first what-if and active participation on the site.What would be the deadline? I don`t have that much time to give to moddelling at this time

PR19_Kit

I need to check the stock levels of matt black paint before committing myself to this madness, but I do have a spare B-36 knocking about somewhere.......  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

lancer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 15, 2010, 03:37:39 PM
I need to check the stock levels of matt black paint before committing myself to this madness, but I do have a spare B-36 knocking about somewhere.......  ;)

So you're thinking of doing a B36 nightfighter?? The mind well and truely boggles!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die