Special forces Unimog

Started by sudzonic, October 09, 2010, 09:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sudzonic

Thanks guys the comments are very much appreciated I am going threw a challenging time at the moment so thanks.

Any way here it is with the gun ring in and the front windows back on.

I am just trying to figure out how I am going to set the rear up with kit? There will be loads of comms kit and supplies in there I am thinking I will put racks on the side of the bed for jerry cans?
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

Mossie

Dump plenty of it in the back for a start, maybe with a tarp or camo netting over the top.  You could hang webbing & jerry cans off the sides similar to the Belgian 'Mog, or create trays on the sides & back end to hold it.  Alternatively, you could make panniers to hold it all.  Depends on the environment your operating in I guess.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Silverfox

I'm loving this so far, but then I love military utility vehicles and all terrain vehicles. This one is great, as I love the Unimog too, as it's a beast of a machine.

As for what to put on it - lots of stuff on the back and hanging off the sides. And it needs bull-bars, a winch, and a snorkel too. And loads of antennae!

I've a mind to try something similar myself for my first attempt at armour/vehicle modelling :D

sudzonic

I have raided my bits box and found some stuff to put on it but will nee to get some GPMG's and so forth for the armament.

Silverfox have you seen my SF humvee build on this site?

frank2056

I'm loving this build! I would put the jerry cans on the outside, mainly to act as a cheap form of armor. Ammo boxes could go on the sides, too.

sudzonic

Hay gang heres a wee update for you all.

Spey_Phantom

looking good, reminds me of the Belgian ones  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Silverfox

QuoteSilverfox have you seen my SF humvee build on this site?

Yes mate, and i love it! very inspired to try something similar myself in the future when I have more cashmonies and an appropriate kit.

Loving how this is looking with all the storage - very much the part!

philp

Looking good.

I always wanted to make a PLO Unimog with a ZPU-4 on the back.  Looked like I could take the cab from the old Tamiya motorized Unimog (with the big tires) and combine it with the Revell kit but could never find if the cab would fit or the gun for that matter (though looks like Storm Miniatures will be releasing one soon).

Really would like to do that in 72nd, but again, can't find the donor parts.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

sudzonic

Thanks guys. Maybe we could have a unimog or a special forces group build? ;D

GTX

Quotespecial forces group build

Good idea!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

John Howling Mouse

Lively and detailed...coming along nicely!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

beowulf

im really liking how this is progressing  :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

sudzonic

thanks guys. I have just got a new job that will allow me more time to get things done so my get some more work done on it this week?? nee to save my pennies to get the pro art models comms set now  ;D.