Secret Santa 2010

Started by puddingwrestler, October 10, 2010, 04:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

Trying to be a bit more organized this year, so I'm opening up the SSGB for entrants now.

Rules will be slightly modified but basically like last year - send your designated recipient a secretive christmas gift, and build whatever you receive as a whiff by easter. Respond here if you intend to get involved; I'll need a PM with your real name and address as well at some point.

Commandment 1: Thou shalt select a kit (either from thy stash or from thy local dealer in kits) and send to thy allocated recipient.
Commandment 2: Thy gift shall cost about $30 of your earthling australian dollars (about 30US, probably about 25 pounds or so) but thou may send a gift of greater value if thou so wish. If thy kit be from thy stash, it must have a current retail value of $30 of they earthling australian dollars.
Commandment 3: Thou shalt not open thy gift until Christmas.
Commandment 4: Thou shalt build thy kit by easter.
Commandment 5: Thou shalt attempt to challenge thy allocated recipient, but thou shalt not send unbuildable rubbish.
Commandment 6: Thou shalt continue tradition by not having rule six.
Commandment 7: Thou shalt do anything unto thy model; so long as it whiff'ed be.
Commandment 8: Thou shalt indicate thy desire to participate by the 1st day of December, in this, the year of our lord, 2010.
Commandment 9: After the aforementioned date, thou shalt not be able to enter and thence shall cry mournfully into thy beer.
Commandment 10: Thou shalt recieve a PM on or around the 2nd(ish) day of December to tell thee to whom thou are to send.
Commandmetn 11: Thou shalt use this thread to let others know of special modeling requirements (such as the inability to work with itty bitty teeny tiny parts due to short sightedness/huge fingeredness/wobbly handedness/being a Tyranosaurus Rex)
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Captain Canada

I'd still like to see a rule wherein if you do not finish your SSGB by Easter, you're out for the next year. It's a group build, not an excuse to get a new kit......
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

puddingwrestler

Commandment 12: If thou hast a kit from last year that thou hast not built; verily thou must hang thy head in shame and build it this year or returneth it from whence it came.

proditor

The Secret Santa build started a flurry of building for me (by my standards at least), so I'm in again.  Plus, I liked what I came up with, so maybe I'll be similarly inspired this year!   :thumbsup:

Preference for Ships, but anything smallish in scale is fine.

EDIT: Country of Origin: USA

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Slerski

« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

puddingwrestler

Excellent, we have our first Canadian! I couldn't believe it last year when we had none.
Can you please specify your country of residence when you sign up so I can try to start pairing people up with recipients.

AeroplaneDriver

I'm NC, USA...28043 Zip, will ship worldwide if needed.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Slerski

In France, notre beautiful pays (visit the Eiffel Tower !! xD)
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

thedarkmaster

I'm in .....I am in the land where the light of Her Majesty shines upon us or.......... the UK , could i ask whomever it is for a 1/72 or 1/144 kit as i don't do anything else really  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

sotoolslinger

Heck I am in. I live in the Republic Of Texas ;)  Will be happy to ship world wide( I done it before :thumbsup:)  I like 1/48 or bigger ( hey y'all have seen me ) :-\ But if it's a bomber I suppose I could go smaller scale :rolleyes:
;D (totally kidding) I would be happy with anything :wub: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Gondor

I am NOT taking part, so far the best part of eleven months to build one kit so I don't stand a snowball's chance in completing this.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

puddingwrestler

Vun! Two! Three! Four! Five! Six! Seven! Seven enterants in the secret santa group build! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

puddingwrestler

C'mon chaps! We can't run with only seven!
I want to be finalising the list so people can start shipping by late november to give plenty of time to get things sent out.
We need more Europeans, and the odd citizen of Oceania would be nice.

philp

Think I will have to pass this year since I haven't even started either of the kits I got the last two years.

Instead, I will see if I can finish at least one of these by Easter.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies