Track-Link.net WHIFs

Started by Jeffry Fontaine, November 08, 2008, 04:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: philp on October 28, 2007, 11:42:10 PM
Some WHIF armor:
From Track-Link, a nice retro paint scheme on a Leopard 1 A5 -- "Back to the Future" (built by Ikjai Ahn)

It is most unfortunate for us that Track-Link does not allow direct linking to any images on their site. 

Track-Link does have an occasional WHIF pop up every once in a great while.  

Here is a link to a "Paper Panzer" WHIF built by Phillipp Gross:------>E-25, kampfwertgesteigert
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Jeffry Fontaine

Here is a WHIF model T-34 built by Daniel Dillion on Track-Link that might be of interest to the armour modellers.   
Daniel provides the following description:
QuoteWhat if... the German Army had a captured Russian T-34/85 and really had the time to make it their own? This is the idea I had when I built this tank and I had a lot of fun with it! The model started out as a Tamiya T-34/85. I added a Verlindin T-34/85 update set. The German parts are from Dragon's T-34/76 German Army kit. The side skirts, head light, front ball mount MG42 and muzzle brake arer from a Tamiya Panther. Also note the Panther wheel on the left side. The model was painted with Tamiya acrylics and lightly weathered.
As you can see from the images on the page link, Daniel has modified the existing T-34 to incorporate a muzzle brake, commander's cupola, machine guns and other external modifications to "Germanize" the basic T-34/76 and make it resemble something completely different from what came in the box. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

nev

Quotethe German Army had a captured Russian T-34/85 and really had the time to make it their own?

That was the Panther wasn't it? ;) :whistle:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Jeffry Fontaine

Found this scratch-built 1/72nd scale model of a mono-wheel armoured assault vehicle work in progress/under construction by Patrick Mondria on Track-Link that was inspired by the attached image. 

The spats are sure to win over Brian ;)

Track-Link has a couple of galleries that may be of interest:

WWII WHIF German armor

Science Fiction/WHIF armor

philp

Another armor piece from Track-Links.

http://www.track-link.net/gallery/6568
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

philp

From the Track-Link link gallery:

Another "Dust" model

1/16th scale Sturmtiger II 8,8 / L71 and if I read what little of the german correctly, it was a prototype. 

***consolidated and cleaned up the links***
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Jeffry Fontaine

Model built by Marcus Schoebel  of the 'Dust' Games Jagdluther Pz.Kpfl. II in 1/35th scale.  Images available for viewing on Track-Link. 

Reminds me of that AT-Scout Walker thing from that franchise about a space faring cheeseburger...

***Sorry about providing only the link to the page but posting images via a hot link from Track-Link will not work.  If you attempt to do so it will work once and the next time you try to view the image you get a nasty message stating that hot links are not allowed***

Scooterman

THAT IS FREAKIN COOL!!!!!

nev

Why do the Germans always get to operate futuristic armour?  Why can't the RTR have a cool looking walker thingy? ??????
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Aircav

Because you haven't built it yet Nev  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

ChernayaAkula

Seriously cool!  :bow:

Quote from: nev on August 16, 2009, 09:22:37 AM
<...> Why can't the RTR have a cool looking walker thingy? ??????

Because they couldn't find a way to make them leak oil!

I'm just kiddin'. ;)  But you raise an interesting point. You see all kinds of wild German designs, but next to nothing for the Allies.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

MarkH262

The weathering is most impressive. Great build!

Mike Wren

Quote from: B787 on August 16, 2009, 01:16:09 PM
Quote from: ChernayaAkula on August 16, 2009, 01:03:53 PM
Seriously cool!  :bow:

I'm just kiddin'. ;)  But you raise an interesting point. You see all kinds of wild German designs, but next to nothing for the Allies.

Didn't the americans do that T-something tank, that looked like 2 tanks strapped together?

Apart from that, most allied tank were wild in designs. Especially the British ones. Most americans too. Or make that all of them. Most lacked something known as "armour" and "anti-tank guns", and some were known as tommy cookers. Others broke down all the time, and those that did not had other problems. The Char B was good, apart from the fact that the gun was mounted in a bad place. The Matilda had a gun that was useless against artilleri. Crusaders broke down. Stuarts were jokes. Shermans had no armour. When the americans finally fitted a proper gun to a sherman hull, they forgot to fit a roof. Finally, when the UK and US marched their latest designs down Berlin, they were trumped by Stalins JS-IIIs.

Russian tanks were nice though.

people gloss over the Panthers & King Tigers that broke down all the time, the undergunned Pz IIIs, the IS-3s that were rushed into service to impress the Western Allies but whose hull welds fell apart and turret was so cramped it was largely unfightable... oh yes, but most British tanks were all rubbish! now the T-34...  :thumbsup:  :tank:

nev

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on August 16, 2009, 01:03:53 PM
Seriously cool!  :bow:

I'm just kiddin'. ;)  But you raise an interesting point. You see all kinds of wild German designs, but next to nothing for the Allies.

Now thats a challenge.....how to build a mechanically unreliable, underpowered, undergunned, underarmoured Sci-Fi walker in 7th Armoured Division markings....