(p-61) Black (widow) Spider, yes Spider!

Started by Tophe, October 16, 2010, 08:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

The spider is spreading her legs... how terrific...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

HELP! The monster, standing, is rushing on the photographer! (Me!) :blink:

Tophe

After the last puty/sanding (to remove the nose gun), painting has started:

Pablo1965

Really an amazing bug, I'm waiting for more steps :thumbsup: :bow:

Tophe

The Black Spider 61 is finished frightening...

Tophe

Oh Lord... The evil spider is going to bite and eat the poor innocent baby Mustang-egg... :-\ :blink:

Tophe

sequoiaranger

...what we call a "water-strider"--the kind of insect that walks on the surface tension of still water.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Tophe

(On the picture above, I imagine the poor egg-Mustang victim is me little-brother while the bad Spider-killer is my big brother)...
Letter to my brother:
"This Black-Spider 61 animal is important for me, involving yourself, for 4 reasons:
1- I BECAME YOUR WINNER THANKS TO IT for the first time in my life: when our uncle offered us 2 Airfix 1/72 kits, a wonderful twin-boomer and a boring jet, you required the P-61 beauty as being older and much more able to have success with its building. You failed with the seats and floor and put all in the garbage can (while I succeeded with my model, slowly but surely). From this day on, I became a lover of models, of aircraft, of twin-boomers.
2- I AM NOT A WINNER AT LAST: after my heart was broken, aged 15, I never tried to be the best anymore, and I know that for modeling, many ones are far better than me. I am just having fun with unreal models (I discovered this is famous as "what-if spirit"). I did not build this P-61 to succeed where you failed, but as an absurd very different creation, just funny for myself. I don't want you to be ashame of your past failure.
3- YOU WERE NOT A LOOSER BUT A VICTIM: my opinion is that we were misguided. Of course, obeying instructions was an exercise in itself, but it was not needed so much to make you hate modeling and do-it-yourself for life... On my own P-61, very what-if, there are no seats nor floor nor guns (all discarded), just enjoying general shape, focusing on what is pleasant, rejecting the unpleasant. This way, you could have loved modeling, you did not, alas.
4- AS EDUCATOR WHAT TO DO? As I may become a father, I would try to make my child like modeling or something else, appreciating the good points and not insisting on the bad sides. Of course discipline is part of education, but I hope the liberty of choice may be respected. This may decide for the whole life it seems. What is your opinion, as a professional teacher?
"

Tophe

Quote from: sequoiaranger on November 10, 2010, 07:41:10 AM
...what we call a "water-strider"--the kind of insect that walks on the surface tension of still water.
Yes, funny similarity, I saw http://img1.eyefetch.com/p/5l/452439-5a22e180-a079-43b1-a978-6b3877a7385e.jpg

MarkH262

I guess your what-if is an insect and not an aracnid since it only has 6 legs? :-\

Tophe

The booms count as #7 & 8 in my (crazy) mind... :-\ ;)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

John Howling Mouse

Imaginiative concept and a well-built model, Tophe.
I understand your other meaning as well.  You may find this interesting.  It has a lot to do with different mindsets and perspectives.  Might help to explain why some of us prefer the What If's to the "real" subjects:

Awareness.
Awareness means the capacity to see a coffeepot and hear the birds sing in one's own way, and not the way one was taught. It may be assumed on good grounds that seeing and hearing have a different quality for infants than for grownups, and that they are more esthetic and less intellectual in the first years of life. A little boy sees and hears birds with delight. Then the "good father" comes along and feels he should "share" the experience and help his son "develop." He says: "That's a jay, and this is a sparrow." The moment the little boy is concerned with which is a jay and which is a sparrow, he can no longer see the birds or hear them sing. He has to see and hear them the way his father wants him to. Father has good reasons on his side, since few people can afford to go through life listening to the birds sing, and the sooner the little boy starts his "education" the better. Maybe he will be an ornithologist when he grows up. A few people, however, can still see and hear in the old way. But most of the members of the human race have lost the capacity to be painters, poets or musicians, and are not left the option of seeing and hearing directly even if they can afford to; they must get it secondhand. The recovery of this ability is called here "awareness." Physiologically awareness is eidetic perception, and allied to eidetic imagery. Perhaps there is also eidetic perception, at least in certain individuals, in the spheres of taste, smell and kinesthesia, giving us the artists in those fields: chefs, perfomers and dancers, whose eternal problem is to find audienes capable of appreciating their products.

Excerpt is from this website:  http://www.ucolick.org/~bouwens/personal/passages.html

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Tophe

Thanks, I do appreciate these beautiful words, except the last sentence (where creators require to get money as admired professionals without serving the other people), but maybe we are not here to discuss philosophy and ethics... ;D