Technicals and Guntrucks

Started by philp, October 20, 2010, 12:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

They used the LWB Landie in the British Army too, with the cab top removed to give all-round fire.  I guess they made similar mods!  IIRC the Wombat wasn't mounted as such, just sat on it's usual wheels & lashed to the deck.

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 27, 2011, 05:17:32 PM
I'm not sure I like the idea of being mounted on a truck, thank you! :blink:

OK, I can be annoying but, really, that bad? :-\

:lol: :lol: :lol:  I get the same thing with using Mossie as a moniker!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Thats just given me a vision I definately don't want again  :blink: ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: Mossie on March 28, 2011, 02:15:33 AM
They used the LWB Landie in the British Army too, with the cab top removed to give all-round fire.  I guess they made similar mods!  IIRC the Wombat wasn't mounted as such, just sat on it's usual wheels & lashed to the deck.

OK, I can be annoying but, really, that bad? :-\

:lol: :lol: :lol:  I get the same thing with using Mossie as a moniker!

Oh buzz off....... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

dy031101

Quote from: dogsbody on March 25, 2011, 06:52:53 AM
How about something like this...

That picture actually gives me the funny idea of a Japanese invasion of Continental US...... improvised US AFV (guntrucks included) v.s. Chi-Ha......
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Army of One

I saw on Sky news update today what looked like a Toyata style pick up with what appeared to be an aircraft rocket pod (silver) lashed to the back pointing at an angle over the roof....the contraption was shown firing a few rockets before it drove off......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Thiel

Quote from: Army of One on April 06, 2011, 03:10:40 AM
I saw on Sky news update today what looked like a Toyata style pick up with what appeared to be an aircraft rocket pod (silver) lashed to the back pointing at an angle over the roof....the contraption was shown firing a few rockets before it drove off......
Poor mans MRLS?

ChernayaAkula

^ Some pics and even >>A VIDEO<<!
More pics >>HERE<<.

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

pyro-manic

Excellent! ;D I wonder how accurate it would be though...
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

tanktastic43

That has got to be as crazy an idea as i've ever seen.  :o

It looks like something Wyle E Coyote might dream up to chase the Roadrunner!

Make a great model though.  :thumbsup:

tt43.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: pyro-manic on April 06, 2011, 08:52:29 AM
Excellent! ;D I wonder how accurate it would be though...

Highly accurate! It's 100% guaranteed to hit the earth!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Mossie

It's something that I've been thinking about for that Landie 1 tonner I mentioned earlier.  I checked to see what it would take to mount a couple of launchers from an early model Huey, more as a scratch built launched rather than something taken from an aircraft.  Probably not going to go that route now.

I've got it together & a sand base coat on, I'm now just stuck as to which way to go.  I've found the WOMBAT mount was (probably) real-world & I've been surprised at the lack of gear that can be robbed from other models.  Any more suggestions?

rickshaw

Weren't these truck mounted rocket launchers used during the unpleasantness in the Balkans in the 1990's?

I'd assume they are an area saturation weapon rather than a pin-point target destroyer.   The low angle the Libyans have mounted them at would suggest they are not using them indirectly but I suspect aiming them is more a matter of luck than planning.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

philp

Maybe they used Google for their design.

Also like the way everyone is taking pics with their phones.  War has changed.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

rickshaw

The first one is a pretty sophisticated piece of work.  The second quite simple but effective.  I remember the Balkans ones 'cause the rocket pods were so big compared to the carrying vehicle.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.