Ergonomics Adaptation In Firearms

Started by dy031101, October 20, 2010, 12:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dy031101

I'd think it to be more attractive as a civilian sports firearm.

Military users are more likely to stick with AK/Type-56/Type-81 (even getting Iraq to manufacture Tabuk again?) if they use 7.62mm x 39 cartridges at all.
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

Maverick

Donny,

I have to agree there, although if the concept of a DMR weapon (as with the Tabuk DMR) was taken up by those using the AK (in cases where they had US training), it would have relevance.  Russian training on the other hand, tends towards simpler tactical approaches.

Beyond that, the civilian market would be the most obvious choice as a midway choice between the 5.56 round and a heavier 7.62 NATO round or something similar.

Regards,

Mav

dy031101

Speaking of a bullpup in 7.62mm x 39 calibre......

NORINCO came up with a bullpup version of their Type 56 called Type 86S (upper pic) in the past...... operation remains the same as the Type 56, but some ergonomic inspirations (carrying handle and sight placement) were said to have been taken from the French FAMAS.  Individual observations might vary.

Ever since the allegedly-airsoft QBZ-97G picture (middle pic) was brought to my attention, I couldn't help to wonder if transplanting the add-on grenade launcher or incorporating the trigger guard design and prototype grenade launcher of the original QBZ-95 (bottom pic) would help improve the asthetics of the Type 86S......  :drink:

====================

To-do list here

dy031101

This aftermarket stock looks kinda similar to the rough form factor of an AR, don't you think?

It appears that someone did build a bolt-action mod. on an AR though.

====================

To-do list here