Super Tucanos instead of F-35s????

Started by Alvis 3.14159, October 22, 2010, 01:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

Quote from: rickshaw on October 24, 2010, 05:20:24 PM
Quote from: ChernayaAkula on October 24, 2010, 11:18:53 AM
You read correctly. SA-6 Gainful!  :o See page 9 under II. A. 7. of THIS REPORT to the UN Security Council. This would seem to confirm it, but I think I read it somewhere else first. At around the time the Ethiopians started to take part in the mess.

Interesting.  They must be using it in the visually guided mode.  I simply cannot see them being able to maintain (or use for long) a STRAIGHT FLUSH radar system.  Even with its 1960s level of technology, it would be as far as I understand it, beyond the capabilities of the Islamic Courts movement to maintain such a system for very long.

Might depend who they are paying to operate it. (Havn't read the report I have to admit).

Gary

Missiles... pah

What do you do if you're attacked with a banana?

I understand that this professor teaches silly walking.
Getting back into modeling

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Geoff on October 25, 2010, 11:23:10 AM
Quote from: rickshaw on October 24, 2010, 05:20:24 PM
Interesting.  They must be using it in the visually guided mode.  I simply cannot see them being able to maintain (or use for long) a STRAIGHT FLUSH radar system.  Even with its 1960s level of technology, it would be as far as I understand it, beyond the capabilities of the Islamic Courts movement to maintain such a system for very long.

Might depend who they are paying to operate it. (Havn't read the report I have to admit).

Yeah. Looking at the list of the countries that operated or still operate the SA-6 complex, all the usual suspects for Islamists, mercenaries, state-sponsored terrorism or a combination thereof pop up. Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Russia, Serbia, Syria,...

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

anthonyp

Quote from: Gary on October 25, 2010, 01:38:43 PM
Missiles... pah

What do you do if you're attacked with a banana?

I understand that this professor teaches silly walking.

Glad to see someone else sees the absurdity of this subject.   ;D

Drunken Canadian Ace:  "BOWSSSSER'SS (hic) GOING DOWN!!!!!!  (hic)"
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man