Bell H13CX Coaxial Helicopter

Started by frank2056, October 24, 2010, 06:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank2056

All the major painting & construction is finished - all it needs now is some weathering and a few details.

It was pretty windy on the balcony, but the setting Sun really brings out the yellow:

The canopy isn't quite as clear as I would have wanted, but it's good enough:

It's hard to see the decal on the fuel tank in the other pics. Here's a closeup:

I have some black paint around the edges of the canopy - it looks like sealant, but more importantly, it kills the internal reflection from the edge of the clear plastic. I may do the edges around the netrances as well. I also noticed that - once again - I may have the blades on wrong. I should just number them.

Pablo1965

I think is a very realistic kit, you get translate the concept. Congratulations! :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Ed S

Great idea and well executed.  Excellent. 

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

frank2056

I finally finished it. I didn't add much in the way of weathering, just some exhaust stains and dirt and scuff marks from the pilots:

Here are two familiar figures for scale:

Years ago, I rescaled an Airfix "Little Nellie" and made it a 1/35 scale Special Forces autogyro. Here it is with the H13CX for comparison:

And with our two pals:

Thanks for all the comments! This was a fun project and I'm gratified to have rescued a kit from the "started, junk" pile. It's now in my display case.

sotoolslinger

That turned out very nifty :thumbsup: Excellent :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Stargazer

Amazing project!!!  :wub: Very impressive and realistic. Looks like something Nagler could have come up with.

The name Hornet would probably not have been possible, however, since the U.S. Army had the Hiller HJ-1 Hornet in evaluation as the YH-32 at the time... Perhaps Wasp or Yellowjacket would have been better? Don't worry too much about it though, I think the name Hornet suits the model to a tee!!  :thumbsup:

BrittMac

I think your Hornet turned out great!

Now, I gotta get back to my choppers or I will never get them finished......
Do me a favor.  Keep building these great ideas so I have some inspiration.

Brandon