Great Wall Hobby

Started by Green Dragon, October 25, 2010, 11:24:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

Cybermodeler has posted an in box review of the new Great Wall Hobby 1/48th Fw189A2, looks like a stunner! http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/gwh/kit_gwh_4803.shtml
Only 189's I've done are the old Airfix kit so I'll prob be getting one. US price is $41.95 (£26.63). Mike Williams on Britmodeller reports the retail UK price at £34.95 so we get screwed over again but only by eight squid this time.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Maverick

Another upcoming from Great Wall.  Only CAD pics at the mo but looks to be a corker for the quarter-scale crowd.

http://www.cybermodeler.com/news/gwh.shtml

Regards,

Mav

Green Dragon

It's on my wanted list, still got the Monogram in the stash.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Mossie

Looks good from what I can see.  I've been after 1/144 V Bombers for a while as I haven't got enough room for a fleet of Airfix's big-un.  I can't find it released at any UK based web shops, any news on price?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Jeepers, is that right that the majority of the kit is in ONE piece???

It looks as if they've designed it so they can make a non-Falklands version at some time in the future too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

No idea as to price sorry.  Another review here in English.

I think I'd have preferred it if they had made it so that alternative outer-wings, nose and tail could have been fitted for a B.1.

I'm hoping they might do the other V-bombers as well.   Nice to see a Valiant B.2, if they do one.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Mossie

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 13, 2012, 10:19:41 AM
Jeepers, is that right that the majority of the kit is in ONE piece???

No, I thought that at first but it's got seperate upper and lower sections.  Brian's second link shows the two parts much more clearly.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

scooter

Wonder if they're going to do the Century Series...'twould be nice to see a new engineered 1/48th Dart.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

The Wooksta!

You're more likely to get that from Meng if they've done the Dagger.  Or was that in 72nd?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 15, 2012, 02:51:03 PM
You're more likely to get that from Meng if they've done the Dagger.  Or was that in 72nd?

Yes, it was in 1/72.

And when I asked them if they were likely to do an F-106 I got the 'inscrutable look' and no answer, which I translate as 'Yes, but we're not going to say so...'  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Daryl J.

Green Dragon

Latest announcements are the MiG29 9-12 "Early type" in 1/48th and another British Bomber in 1/144th, the TSR.2.

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

ChernayaAkula

Any word on whether the TSR.2 will be a new tool or just a re-box of the Pit-Road kit? Their 1/144 Vulcan was also re-boxed by Pit-Road.

If they did a new 1/144 Victor, that'd be something.  :wub:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Green Dragon

Been wondering that myself Moritz! There were another two Japanese kits in 1/144th scale IIRC. One had the Stratos 4 anime options added (made by Hao Platz I think?).

Paul Harrison

On the bench.