Main Menu

Alphan Stingray

Started by sotoolslinger, October 26, 2010, 09:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Believe you just proved that you can build ANYTHING!  Can you take a couple of shots against a matte black cloth?
It would make cutting it out and putting it against a starfield background much easier.

Kudos, my brother in styrene.  I know you'll accomplish others, maybe even more bold, but for now, this is your magnum opus/opus magnum.

Wow.

:bow:   :bow:   :bow:   :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Gondor

Phenomenal and other great big words like that.......  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

sotoolslinger

Thanks y'all :wub: JHM additional pics to follow :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

sotoolslinger

Here are pics on a black background :thumbsup:

There are a few more here
http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh50/sotoolslinger/Alphan/
Feel free to use them or request more :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

Pablo1965

You, finally, got it It faithful to the model. congratulations, it's not my theme, but I like your starship. :wub: :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

sotoolslinger

Thank you Pablo. You are one of our best builders so coming from you that is a great compliment :wub: :thumbsup: :party:
I amuse me.

Cobra

Super Sweet Job :thumbsup: You might want to send a few Pics to Star Ship Modeler & to Fine scale Modeler,Make some folks Jealous of the great work You've Done! :cheers: :cheers: Dan

frank2056

Ron - this is just amazing! I love the slightly metallic sheen in the side views on the pictures against the white background. The little detailed bits are fantastic.

John Howling Mouse

Yeah, these darker backgrounds should work well.  Let me try to put something together, Ron.  I'm no Apophenia or BlackOps but I'll give it a try.   :cheers:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Weaver

I'll say it again Ron - OUTSTANDING!  :bow: :bow: :bow:

The detailing is spot-on and completely makes it. It really does look as though it's flown right out of the book.

Dunno how much control you've got on your camera, but if you can, try putting the camera on a tripod, using a very small aperture (for maximum depth of field) and a VERY long exposure in natural light, metered off the model rather than the whole frame. That'll under-expose the black background and make the model "leap out" from it.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Ed S

BRAVO!!!!  A fantastic demonstration of your superb modeling skills.  You have definitely captured the look of the TTA books.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

proditor

That is spectacular!   :bow: :bow: :bow:

Weaver

Here we go - a poor effort, but hopefully it'll inspire some of the proper photoshoppers to have a go:

EDIT: just a thought Ron: if you want to help the photoshoppers a bit, try taking some more pics of it on the black background, but with strong, single-source light from one side (my pic would look better with the LH side in deep shadow, but I don't have the capability to do it digitally).

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

tanktastic43

Great build, great paint job and a great result. Well done.  :thumbsup:

tt43.

sotoolslinger

Wow  :o Thanks all y'all  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
I am very pleased that you like this build so much. I will get some single point light source pics later on today :thumbsup:
I amuse me.