Main Menu

Alphan Stingray

Started by sotoolslinger, October 26, 2010, 09:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beanflick

This thing is going to be brilliant. Awe inspiring...

sotoolslinger

Awww well, it might me relatively nifty ;D :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

sotoolslinger

4 shades of blue  :wacko: Still all covered with liquid mask :thumbsup:

I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

MMMMMM Green stripes

Masking cut and peeled

Greenification

I amuse me.

Pablo1965

I see the way you follow. Good work! :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

sotoolslinger

Thanks Pablo. It is a slow process cause I have to let the liquid mask dry ,then paint, then remask. :blink:
I amuse me.

Pablo1965

Quote from: sotoolslinger on November 30, 2010, 02:38:04 PM
Thanks Pablo. It is a slow process cause I have to let the liquid mask dry ,then paint, then remask. :blink:

Wel, It is our history, paint, remask, sand, cut.....delicious. You are more near to the end. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cobra

Looking Good. Any Other TTA Ships planned? You're Doing a Top Notch Job,So Far! Dan

Weaver

Can't wait to see this finished, not that I'm encouraging you to rush it, mind you: it deserves all the patience you can lavish on it.

Too late now of course, but something just struck me looking at the picture. All the blues are the same tone, just different depths, with the lightest one being nearly silver. Another way to paint it might therefore have been to start with a silver base coat, then apply a different number of coats of the SAME translucent blue to get the panelled effect. That is to say, one coat of blue, mask lightest areas, another coat of blue, mask next lightest areas etc...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

Cobra I have 3 going now ;D ;)
Weaver that would be a good way to do it if I was not so lazy :rolleyes: I have an airbrush and the yellow color will be sprayed on with it but I hate cleaning the thing so most of this is rattlecans :-\
I amuse me.

Taiidantomcat

Looking great! Just keep at it, this is one of those schemes that is a project in itself  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sotoolslinger

Yeah it is  :blink: I am remasking now to do the yellow :banghead: It really takes 3 coats of masking to get a really good peel though. So It's actually 6 coats (top and bottom) :rolleyes:
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Preliminary painting is complete. ;D

Of course I have lots of touch up ,detail painting and weathering to do :wacko:
I amuse me.

John Howling Mouse

It's official: you are one kwazee wabbitt, Ron!  This is incredible.  I still can't believe you pulled it off but there it is, right on the screen.

Wow...I had that book when I was a kid.  Wonder if I can dig it out again.  You sure did the overall feel for the craft justice but I do like your interpretation better.

Cool how you even added that aft horizontal fin.  Love the engines, too.  Really, really cool!    :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Cobra

Awesome Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Can't wait to See How Great Your Other TTA Models look. PM me if possible,have a Q for You. Dan