Scalemodelworld 2010 -Telford (UK) 12/13 Nov - Whose going ?

Started by Thorvic, October 30, 2010, 03:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: Martin H on November 15, 2010, 10:07:06 AM
The plan is that the show will stay in the usual three halls apart from 2013 for the IPMS 50th. Then the fourth hall will be used for one year only.

I better make sure I finish one or two kits as well as make sure I have monies for that trip

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Radish

Is 2013 when Chris Edwards has his Centennary? ;D ;D

Rest assured, I shall always dress respectably and act normally at Telford :o

Looking forward to 2011 already.....lots of crazy Fokkers to build for Biggles and for Stafford's "French" theme I have an all-pink REAL Mirage IIIC to build.

But first, I MUST finish my V-tail Hellcat that's been overtaken by events. Already "primed", it'll be in French North African colours.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on November 16, 2010, 12:30:07 AM
Is 2013 when Chris Edwards has his Centennary? ;D ;D

NO !!!

Quote from: Thorvic on November 15, 2010, 12:20:42 PM
Quote from: pyro-manic on November 15, 2010, 12:08:05 PM
I had a pretty good time on Saturday, though the nine hours of driving wiped me out somewhat. :blink: I did intend to come and say hello, but I'm rather shy, and when I wandered past there was a rather large group of people at the stand. I intended to swing by again later on, but got caught up in the retail madness (spent bloody ages trying to find a Skyraider!) and then it was closing time.

Yeap you should really try and break the ice and say 'hello' as vitually all that row was forum members from Mcgrieg on the Soviet Airforces to Me on Project Cancelled and Radish was within squeaking distance across from us !. All you need do is say hello, introduce your self and you'll soonfind a welocme introduction to the crew, and they might well have pointed you in the right direction of a SPAD if one was to be found.

Geoff

We are a reasonable bunch  ;D. I remember the wellcome I got when I first introduced myself (still got the scars). I now count some of the lads as very good friends indeed. Just pop along and say hello

Quote from: Hobbes on November 15, 2010, 09:59:11 AM
Had a good weekend as well. Very nice to meet everyone again, some new faces as well.

Another hall to be added next year??? Good news on one hand as we'll have more table space, but it's a rather overwhelming event as it is.

Am I just getting old or is it "THAT" tiring ? I was knackered all 3 nights I was there  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 16, 2010, 02:35:42 AM
Am I just getting old or is it "THAT" tiring ? I was knackered all 3 nights I was there  :banghead:

Both of the above..........  ;D

As we spent almost two whole days walking around on a solid concrete floor it would be tiring, wouldn't it? As my Nanna used to say 'It draws your feet dear', whatever that might mean.  ;D

Today Mrs PR19 said she'd just let me sleep as I looked so tired and I woke up at 0915!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dork the kit slayer

............................bit like a bread poltice..............Ill get me coat.

I only did the one day and I was knackered,lucky my career came.
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Radish

Friday didn't really "effect" me, as I arrived at 2.15pm and was gone by 2.45pm, having delivered what was intended, put up the cloth, etc..

Saturday, a full day of wandering, a light repast (ie full Turkey Christmas Dinner at the local carvery....£4, and a good chat to Quarter Scale Group in the pub...in bed by midnight).
Sunday, another full day, up at 6am and busy thereafter, home by 6pm, a light repast, then a post Telford snooze from about 8pm onwards, a coffee at 9.30pm and bed by 10.30pm. I slept until 8.45am when sproglette Lauren said "Goodbye Grandad" off to school.

Last night (Monday) a heavy headbanging at Motorhead in Derby!!

Too old!! Sod that!!!
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

General Melchet

Late on parade..again  :o!!...had a great time except for some of my few purchases going walkies at the end of the show, ('tidied' away rather than 'had away' me thinks!!), but overall had a ball even if my feet thought the rest of me had run a full marathon!.The tables looked great and had a LOT of interest which is great news and everyone was on top form. As Martin said it was nice to meet up with the usual mob and some folks for the first time, Chris(Gibson), Damianb, Deano amongst them..(even better to get a bit of commission work from Andreas on the upcoming Chinese fighter prototypes book that he and Tony Buttler are working on)........... Great to meet up with you all again, :cheers:

Andy...
Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

Hobbes

Just got home from my 1500+ km drive; after SMW I visited Cosford, the Jaguar/Daimler heritage collection in Coventry, and Bletchley Park (this time I got a tour of their National Computer Museum, which I hadn't seen before).
A quick inspection reveals NO damage to the ~16 models I brought along, despite a stormy Channel crossing, and loads of rumble strips, potholes and sleeping policemen. I've done trips like these a couple of times now, but that I can bring such fragile stuff along without breakage still amazes me.  :mellow: