Scalemodelworld 2010 -Telford (UK) 12/13 Nov - Whose going ?

Started by Thorvic, October 30, 2010, 03:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

13.51hrs

Strip mining continues. The halls are busy, but not as busy as yesterday. The lads are having a good show
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Radish

Home and I feel proper ducked!

A great weekend!!

According to my info, the show numbers were "up", IPMS membership is "up" and the Comp numbers broke the 1000 barrier, so "up" there.

I shall sleep for a while before starting next year's builds (and finishing a few of this year's too!)
I was quite well behaved!!
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

kitbasher

Just about to get in the bath after a busy weekend at Telford and Manchester.
Good to see the lads - a great SIG display perfectly positioned next the to Project Cancelled and Soviet SIGs.  Same next year please!!!
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

I've been going to 'The Nationals' since it was held in Maples Store in London, in the mid-60s or so, and this one was THE best ever.  ;D

No outstanding reason, just lots of quality models, good traders, huge variety and good friends too. Thanks to all of you guys who helped make it a good one for me.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dork the kit slayer

Busy day,good company.  :drink:Great seeing you all again. :cheers:
Thought the display was the best we have had so far, very nice builds . :bow: :thumbsup:
Time for my cocoa and slippers and tomorrow? may even finish my latest projects.
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

van883

Great day on saturday-i walked around so much I neglected to sit at the sig display table-still it was good to chat to a few people.

I also bought too much...

Martin H

It was a great display for the SIG. The way we ran it worked well.

It was great to catch up with those ive not seen for a while. and we met some of the other guys on here for the first time. ffrbel, Deino and DamienB amoung others.

Roll on SMW2011. only 12 months away!
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitbasher

Quote from: Martin H on November 14, 2010, 01:54:38 PM
Roll on SMW2011. only 12 months away!

Here, here.  Only 11 months to go before the building starts, probably!!!
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Aircav

Quote from: Thorvic on November 11, 2010, 10:19:11 PM
Quote from: Aircav on November 11, 2010, 07:51:59 PM
It's 03.50 and I'm just uptading the Tom Tom and then I'll be heading South, see you all at Telford.  :cheers: ;D

Via Middle Wallop !!!!

Yeap and after a round trip of 685 miles I'm knackered.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

lenny100

think i had the worse trip of all 438miles with TWO woman and all their "Music" on the car radio, even missed sunderland fine win over those london posh types
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

chrisonord

Ok stop rubbing it in you lot. I should have had my payout by next years show, so I might even buy as much stuff as Dunc.......but I doubt it :wacko:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

JayBee

Quote from: Falcon on November 14, 2010, 03:23:10 PM
Sure was funny watching Terry look for the squeeky Rubber Duck.  :wacko:
Yeh! Have we finally agreed on the species as Radish always said it was a chicken, mind you it does have webbed feet :blink: Is this a case of avian cross-dressing. Only Radish would know :wacko:

Great weekend.

Cheerrs guys,

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Aircav

Had a great time at the show, nice to see you all again and with all the Wine and Whiskey on the Saturday it made it even better.
Some of the SIG members
The first photos going Left to Right, is Nick, Chris and Lenny

Jim on the Sunday hence no Whiskey in his hand

And Terry with the "Chicken" back in protective custody after it was released by the fiendish kidnap gang, there was a rumour they wanted 50 quid for it but that was never confirmed.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader