1/72 Belgian Martlet Mk.1

Started by Spey_Phantom, October 31, 2010, 02:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

this going to be a semi-whif, as i discovered this morning the Belgium actually ordered at least 10 of the type before way 1940. unfortunatly these were never delivered and transfered to the Royal Navy.

the kit im gonna use is the 1/72 (i think) NOVO F4F Wildcat kit, looks a bit crisp but i think its gonna turn out ok :mellow:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Good idea Nils. There is a lot of mileage in aircraft that were orderd by European countries prior to the outbeak of war and never delivered.  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Got a number of Martlets planned.....French, Vichy France and Finnish (ex-French!).
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Radish on October 31, 2010, 05:44:27 AM
Got a number of Martlets planned.....French, Vichy France and Finnish (ex-French!).
sounds like a neat project, i read in the same article that France did order martlets for the Aeronavale (G-36) to operate on its 2 new aircraft carriers, there was even a whiff on the Bruges Hobbytime modelshow last month, here's a pic  ;D

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Geoff

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pablo1965

Oh! my god. what kind of box art is that. I don´t know the builders.
Ah! the idea is quite good, and the plane of the photo looks great, like the figures :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

Draken35

Very interresting project, Nils.

Do you have some doc on that topic?

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

bobbo

Quote from: Pablo1965 on October 31, 2010, 03:32:22 PM
Ah! the idea is quite good, and the plane of the photo looks great, like the figures :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

Heh . . . That's the kind of box "art" we used to get WAY back then . . . And I mean WAY WAY back!

bobbo

Pablo1965

Quote from: bobbo on November 01, 2010, 09:17:03 AM
Quote from: Pablo1965 on October 31, 2010, 03:32:22 PM

Heh . . . That's the kind of box "art" we used to get WAY back then . . . And I mean WAY WAY back!

bobbo

Yes, I'm not a child, I remember the initial times, but who is the builder. I know my words could seems contemptuous, but it isn't my intention, in one of my blogs I am making a brief series over old kits www.teidehobby.com I have respect and cult for the old kits. the horrible level of english , is the cause of this misunderstood.

philp

Looks like a Novo rerelease of the old Frog kit.

If that is what you are asking.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Hotte

Or german Martlet  ;D
In Belgium captured and then tested in Rechlin for Graf Zeppelin!

Hotte

Pablo1965

Quote from: philp on November 01, 2010, 11:34:11 AM
Looks like a Novo rerelease of the old Frog kit.

If that is what you are asking.

Then the merit is double. I make the Avro shakleton of Modelcraft ex-frog, and I know is difficult. :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.