New Airfix Magazine

Started by NARSES2, November 06, 2010, 02:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Picked up the new Airfix Magazine in Smiths yesterday.

In style it reminds me of MAI rather then SAm or SAMI. Quite a nice mix of articles inc. Aircraft, armour, cars, space and diorama plus and article on brush painting. 2 of the builds Phantom and Sea Vixen also have articles. Not just Airfix stuff either.

Not a bad start

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

thedarkmaster

I like it, not bad for a first edition  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

kitbasher

Ditto.  Nice to see a mix of back-to-basics techniques articles, reference, build and review stuff together.
Sea Vixen released at at Telford?  I think so!
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Army of One

Ah.....might have to have a looksee at this then...........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Radish

I really enjoyed the new magazine, especially the Sea Vixen article. I bought it while shopping in Leeds at Sainsbury's.
looking at the Sea Vixen, I thought it cries out for a much longer nose, more bumps, and a SEAC colour scheme :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Gondor

I thought it was a nice touch on the plans page to draw the loads in both 1/48th and 1/72nd scales. Still got to read the magazine though it looks like I now have a forth magazine to read each month rather than the three I was trying to get through.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Geoff

Any mention of talc and dope? lol.

ChrisF

Ive gone and subscribed to it...

NARSES2

Quote from: Geoff on November 07, 2010, 03:52:04 PM
Any mention of talc and dope? lol.

Showing your age Geoff  ;D You realise that that phrase probably now has a completely different meaning ?  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 08, 2010, 02:10:17 AM
Showing your age Geoff  ;D You realise that that phrase probably now has a completely different meaning ?  :banghead:

If Radish had said that.... defiantly  ;D

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Geoff

Quote from: Gondor on November 08, 2010, 02:13:26 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 08, 2010, 02:10:17 AM

If Radish had said that.... defiantly  ;D

Gondor

;D

philp

Wonder how long it will take to show up this side of the pond.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

sandiego89

Still not at the local Barnes and Noble in eastern USA. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

ChrisF

On the subject of Airfix i hear that they are gonna let us know what next years club kit is at telford..... Any guess's ?

Army of One

I will happily bet it is manufactured by.............Airfix......... ;D....other than that......sorry........

couldn't resist that.......in one of those moods.......... :wacko:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!