Started by NARSES2, November 06, 2010, 02:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Overkiller on December 24, 2010, 08:48:14 AM
Quote from: lancer on December 24, 2010, 08:37:13 AM
You always know the right thing to say don't you Dunc?? :bow: :bow:

...its a gift... :wacko:

Yup Dunc and you are OUR PENANCE  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Got issue 3 yesterday. Best of the bunch so far from my point of view. Just wish they'd have a ship build, but it's nice to see the scenery and "hot rod" builds
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Well, they did have a submarine, albiet 1/35!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ChrisF

Anyone else thinking theres no point to subscribing to the Airfix Club now this mag is here ? Cos the last few Club articles have just been copied from the mag anyway...

NARSES2

NARSES2

I see in the On the Shelf - accessories section they are advertising Superdrug ? Large acetone free nail varnish remover for 99p as paint stripper. Anyone tried it ? Rad ?  ;D

philp

Hopefully issue 2 is in the book store next time I go.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Army of One

I'll have to try and get my issue 3 from WH Smiths.....trip to town methinks.......trouble is....its very near to MZ.... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ChrisF on January 08, 2011, 07:44:29 PM
Anyone else thinking theres no point to subscribing to the Airfix Club now this mag is here ? Cos the last few Club articles have just been copied from the mag anyway...

You wouldn't get the Club kits if you didn't.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ChrisF

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 11, 2011, 10:25:12 AM
Quote from: ChrisF on January 08, 2011, 07:44:29 PM

You wouldn't get the Club kits if you didn't.

Yeah but its a bloody expensive way to buy what is esentially two very cheap kits with some unusual markings.. Which we wouldnt use anyway... We'd find our own..

Mig 15 £6.99
Sabre £8.99
-------
£15.98

Airfix club renewal £24.99  ....Hmm... You gotta see where im coming from ?

NARSES2

Quote from: ChrisF on January 11, 2011, 12:07:29 PM
Mig 15 £6.99
Sabre £8.99
-------
£15.98

Airfix club renewal £24.99  ....Hmm... You gotta see where im coming from ?

Yup I can see your point Chris

I've already done this years Airfix Club renewal so I'll obviously wait and see. I've heard somewhere that after the first few issues of the new mag Key publications will be operating at a slightly more arms length from Airfix themeselves. Using the name to sell the mag ?

ChrisF

Or possibly just want to feature more stuff from other companies... Your right we'll see though..

Army of One

I subscribed last year online....it was only £15 or so....got the Harrier double kit boxing......

Got my Feb edition n have to say I like it........is it me or has the artist got it wrong...???? Done a short Google search but come up nada....does the F86 when dropping its tanks....drop the pylon as well..??? Seems like a major mistake on a lovely bit of artwork.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

rickshaw

Well, Issue 1 has made it to the antipodes.   :rolleyes:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

jcf

Quote from: Army of One on January 18, 2011, 06:16:35 AM
I subscribed last year online....it was only £15 or so....got the Harrier double kit boxing......

Got my Feb edition n have to say I like it........is it me or has the artist got it wrong...???? Done a short Google search but come up nada....does the F86 when dropping its tanks....drop the pylon as well..??? Seems like a major mistake on a lovely bit of artwork.....

Had a look through Larry Milberry's Canadair Sabre, and there are several photos showing the tanks off
the aircraft, either lying on the ground or on carts. In all of the photos the pylons and sway braces are attached
to the tanks, not to the aircraft. The majority of the photos show the aircraft with either tanks or clean wings.
Only two photos, both of Pakistani Sabre 6s, show aircraft with bare pylons attached to the wings.