Oh dear, Hyperscale does it again.

Started by The Rat, November 09, 2010, 05:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

I have attempted to set the record straight, but I fear seeds of doubt may have been planted, you can see the awful thread here. Perhaps all concerned Whiffstorians should let the facts, such as they are, be known.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

chrisonord

A Farley Fruit Bat eh??
Do they taste anything like their rusks?? ;D
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Dear oh dear, Hyperscale must be last bastion of the JMN if they've never heard of the Fruitbat.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 09, 2010, 07:38:06 AM
Dear oh dear, Hyperscale must be last bastion of the JMN if they've never heard of the Fruitbat.  :banghead:

They have , this guy was a newbie. But when they disparaged the aircraft by saying it was a figment of the imagination, well, one can only stand so much, I had to jump in. The discussion has started.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

dragon

Quote from: The Rat on November 09, 2010, 08:07:15 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 09, 2010, 07:38:06 AM

They have , this guy was a newbie. But when they disparaged the aircraft by saying it was a figment of the imagination, well, one can only stand so much, I had to jump in. The discussion has started.
I doubt that the fine folks at megalomaniacalscale have even heard of the F-86 Sabre!
:cheers:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Alvis 3.14159

That was a rather fun read, they really got into the spirit of things there!

Alvis Pi

raafif

Oh Boy !!!!!!!!
                  the best read & most laughs I've had from the 'Net for quite a few years ! :lol: :lol:
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

frank2056

I haven't seen the name "Fairley/Farley/Farleigh Fruitbat" since the good old days (ca 1998) of rec.models.scale.

Here's a highly accurate and detailed technical drawing I made, based on the tech specs listed on RMS. Notice the prominent relief tube just to the rear of the cockpit door...

The Rat

Quote from: frank2056 on November 09, 2010, 01:59:49 PM
I haven't seen the name "Fairley/Farley/Farleigh Fruitbat" since the good old days (ca 1998) of rec.models.scale.

Here's a highly accurate and detailed technical drawing I made, based on the tech specs listed on RMS. Notice the prominent relief tube just to the rear of the cockpit door...

A fine representation of, I believe, the MkII, and certainly 'do-able', just have to accumulate the right parts.

Nick

May I point you all at the Farley Fruitbat Forum?
I was one of the founder members way back when.....  ;D

http://s7.invisionfree.com/The_Bat_Drome/

frank2056

Quote from: The Rat on November 09, 2010, 02:16:07 PM
A fine representation of, I believe, the MkII, and certainly 'do-able', just have to accumulate the right parts.

I wonder if BdB would make one - after all, look at all those spats! I did forget to add spats to the tail wheels, though.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Rat on November 09, 2010, 02:16:07 PM

Surely it's a Mk I? The Mk IIs had a turbo-fan auxiliary jet and the one in the piccie is the early Pratt & Rolls CF23-D6 turbo-jet, you can tell by the shape of the cowling.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 09, 2010, 03:18:28 PMSurely it's a Mk I? The Mk IIs had a turbo-fan auxiliary jet and the one in the piccie is the early Pratt & Rolls CF23-D6 turbo-jet, you can tell by the shape of the cowling.

You could be correct, apparently some of the Mk Is were retro-fitted with the mahogany interplane struts in place of the teak. Okay, Mk I it is!

Army of One

Oh............what an interesting concept......I've had a look on the website listed (as much as the webmarshall at work will let me........)....from what I have read its def not the prototype......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

frank2056

The jet on the back is a surplus Jumo 003. An even number of engines means an even number for the prototype... The tilt-engine in the nose is movable because the engineers discovered that the prop would hit the ground as designed.