Main Menu

James Bond GB (JBGB?)

Started by Weaver, November 11, 2010, 03:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Can't believe no one has proposed this before, but it appears not.....

Since the future of the James Bond franchise appears to be in doubt, please feel free to appoint yourself production designer of the next one, script and title of your choice, and produce a model of some hardware for your proposed movie.

Some ideas:

Gadgets. These could be 1:1 scale! Got an old nose-hair trimmer that's just crying out for a concealed laser? Now's your chance.... :wacko:

Vehicles. Plenty of kits of swanky sports cars about,  just needing the rockets and rotating number plates. Or you could get more creative: folding helicopter blades in the boot (trunk)? At the other end of the scale, there's those SSBN-swallowing supertankers....

Villain's bases. Bit of cross-over with vehicles, of course. You could do the whole base, or just a diorama of the bad guy's stealth helo in it's volcano crater-floor hangar...

Over to you..............
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

MiB

I'm Bond-fan (and expert) from long time ago and I love this idea. But I don't think seriously that the franchise is at risk to close now; in the past there have already ste crisis, both creative and productive and I'm optimistic.
Now I think that the right next bond car it can be, for example, a Range Rover Sport (whit hidden hovercraft system) and, of course, the new Aston Martin. Bentley Convertible? I don't if is a good idea....
Villain's base: i think something like a S.H.I.E.L.D. sthealt carrier: a very very big flying aircraft carrier, heavily armed. Other solution: a mooonbase in the dark side of the moon.
The villain's henchmen could have the cars with hidden gadgets such as Zao's Jaguar.
New stories: here is easy: there are a lot of very good novels from writer as Jhon Gardne and Raymond Benson.
My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

Spey_Phantom

a civil registered Cessna 150 with internal weapons bays that conseal Stinger launchers  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

philp

Good idea but wouldn't this all fit under the Movie GB idea which I believe is already on the enormus idea list?

I personally think a flying car is long overdue in a Bond movie. Armed to the teeth, of course. :thumbsup:
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

saintkatanalegacy

I've always wondered what an aston-martin would look like if it had wings... :unsure:
Ivylicious!™

Weaver

Quote from: philp on November 11, 2010, 05:30:10 AM
Good idea but wouldn't this all fit under the Movie GB idea which I believe is already on the enormus idea list?

Maybe it would. It all comes down to the ever-imponderable focus-vs-breadth argument re GBs. On the one hand, a very broad GB encourages (it's argued) wider participation, but on the other hand, the limitations of a more narrowly focussed GB can often be inspiring. The JBGB isn't really very narrowly focussed in any case. I deliberately put it in the context of a future unmade James Bond movie (it could even be a past, unmade JB movie), and since James Bond movies have used all sorts of hardware from classic to sci-fi, that's a pretty wide scope.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

One more point on advisable rules: when choosing names for Bond Girls, do bear in mind that this is a family website......;)

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: philp on November 11, 2010, 05:30:10 AM

I personally think a flying car is long overdue in a Bond movie. Armed to the teeth, of course. :thumbsup:

Didn't the villain escape in one, somewhere in SE Asia I think?

It was a Mizar I think, a Ford Pinto hatchback with wings and tail clamped onto the roof, with the engine right above the driver/pilot. It always sticks in my mind because the 'hangar' had fold-down upper walls so the wings could get out!  ;D AFAIK it was unarmed though.

Anyone remember the film, 'The Man with the Golden Gun' perhaps?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

MiB

The Scaramanga's flying car in "The Man With The Golden Gun" was an AMC Matador 2-doors coupe :)
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

Mossie

Yep, it was Scaramanga & Nik Nak in The Man with the Golden Gun.  I think the car was an AMC Matador?  I know there have been a handful of real cars that have flown in a similar manner with a detatchable wing, but I think that the car was a prop & it was a model that we saw flying.

EDIT, the Man in Black beat me to it! :party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

MiB

:cheers:
Rite, the Scaramanga's Matador was a flying rc scale model....and real car that only run in the street ;)
The extras in the dvd are fantastic!  :lol:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: MiB on November 11, 2010, 01:59:43 PM
The Scaramanga's flying car in "The Man With The Golden Gun" was an AMC Matador 2-doors coupe :)

OK, so it was a small American car anyway, and I only 'do' BIG American cars.  ;D ;)

At least I got the car that was used for the Mizar project correct, even if the real thing was a disaster. One wing came off in mid-air!  :-\ :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Green Dragon

Always thought the Frog Sea Vixen tail booms might work for the Man with the Golden gun flying Matador, if you could find a kit of a Matador.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)