Ebay Craziness...

Started by AeroplaneDriver, November 11, 2010, 06:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

Check out item number: 261261837680, mad, mad I say.................................. :-\  :blink:
Wish I had a half dozen.  ;)
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

PR19_Kit

And it STARTED at 99p!! There are thirty nutters who've bid that up, I bet the seller will be laughing all the way to the bank. Only 3 hrs to go, I'll keep an eye out.

There's one equal nutter trying to sell an Airfix DC9 (1/144) with a 'Buy it Now' price of over £47! And that's NOT including the postage! He stands no chance as I just got one at £10.00.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

How much.....???? Who would pay that....?? Is it the sort of thing that would increase in value....??
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

That Phantom 'conversion' seems to be a whole Phantom kit from the description. What's it a 'conversion' from, if it is one?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Was bidding on  Contrail Avro Tudor last week.  I maxed out at thirty notes - it went for over ninety...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

pyro-manic

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 19, 2013, 12:17:45 PM
That Phantom 'conversion' seems to be a whole Phantom kit from the description. What's it a 'conversion' from, if it is one?

Tamiya 1:32 Phantom (probably the "J"). You wouldn't be using much of it though!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

rickshaw

Went for 1,000 notes.  Either someone will pay with the money or they don't care about losing their reputation.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

That is breathtaking in it's madness, he must have more money than sense.  :o

Regards
Kit

ChernayaAkula

Well, the conversion set wasn't cheap to begin with when it came out (~ 300 bucks), was highly limited and the manufacturer (Wild Hare Assn, Cutting Edge, Meteor,... just how many brands did they actually have?) has since gone bust. For the foreseeable future it's probably the only chance to get a Brit Phantom in 1/32 bar scratch-building. So, if you really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want to have a Brit Phantom in 1/32....

Thing is, even with this conversion set it's probably a lot of work to turn all that into a British Phantom. You could save a lot of money and just scratch-build the thing (although decals might be a problem). And with the money saved you could probably get your personal own 1/1 Spey Phantom for reference from a scrap dealer.  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

PR19_Kit

I'd have thought the decals would be the least of the problems actually, many of us can do them ourselves now.

I didn't really notice that the thing was 1/32, my 'Greater than 1/72 Filter' is always on  ;D so I never noticed. That surely will be one impressive model when he's done it, IF he does it and doesn't store it away tilll someone wants to pay £2000 for it!

Regards
Kit

Librarian

I just found this for sale on Ebay but through Yahoo.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121250904363?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_720wt_1170

Now, if you go to Ebay and try any combination of entry data you cannot get to this kit, yet there it is. Really can't tell if the entry is dodgy. Am I missing something? Anyone got any advice?

Weaver

Quote from: Librarian on January 14, 2014, 10:48:37 AM
I just found this for sale on Ebay but through Yahoo.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121250904363?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_720wt_1170

Now, if you go to Ebay and try any combination of entry data you cannot get to this kit, yet there it is. Really can't tell if the entry is dodgy. Am I missing something? Anyone got any advice?

Well the seller is in Mexico, so you won't find it via ebay.co.uk. I've just gone in through ebay.com, searched for "MB5", filtered for Toys and Games: Models, and it went right to it.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

jcf

Falcon still sell their vacform MB5 and it's better than the Silver Cloud, as a friend who
has built both informed years ago. It's NZ$20.00 from Modelcrafts and Hobbies
in Wellington, Falcons official sales outlet. Not currently in stock, but available to order.

http://www.modelcraftsandhobbies.co.nz/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=4588&category_id=9af73185b6d041271e523be77a1756ac&

All available Falcon kits/canopy sets:
http://www.falconmodels.co.nz/kits.html

http://www.modelcraftsandhobbies.co.nz/?page=shop/falcon&&

Librarian

Many thanks for all the info. Very tempted to try a vacuform again....built a Rareplane F3F Demon and FJ-4 Fury about twenty years ago and they went together beautifully. What put me off further vacs was slicing off the tip of a finger and sanding off my fingerprints in the process. But I do that with mainstream..... :rolleyes:.

Aircav

Wish Trumpeter would do a 1/48 MB5.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader