Main Menu

TTA Avery Hornet

Started by sotoolslinger, November 12, 2010, 06:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Those last pictures you have posted make that model look like a work of art  :wub: Flawless and beautiful  :bow: :bow:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sotoolslinger

Thanks T'dan but she is just like any other model. She needs proper lighting ,makeup ,and airbrushing to be perfect :lol: :wacko:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

John Howling Mouse

Wow, staggering amount of work.   I'm going to make two suggestions (and you can tell me where to go as it is, indeed, your frakking model):

- I respect that you're going for authentic, faithful re-creation.  In the illustration, that dorsal turret looks to be more of a shallow dome than the high/round dome you've shown: can you get one from a B-50 model (or from "found" blister pack, etc.)?
Here's one from one of our own What If modelers:

- Where you have scribed the engine lines, are you going to fix up the remnants of the prior lines?  I'm guessing you scribed initial lines, then re-scribed adjacent lines at a more correct angle?  For something this worthy, I think you would kick yourself later if you leave it that way (this model is simply too good and too bold not to take the time to allow her to be as flawless as possible).

Just my nagging.

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

Nag away my brother ;D I am right there with you on your nitpickery :rolleyes: :thumbsup: As my first real scratchbuild I am nittin and pickin the heck out of this one. I am not going to rush anything :party:

I have plenty o putty, sandpaper ,and primer :wacko:
I am also not happy with that turret. I will have to look through the stash again :blink: :banghead: I may just have to end up scratching that too.
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Hows about this for the turret :unsure: :blink:

I amuse me.

John Howling Mouse

Hail the master of putty!

On the turret, my gut feel is that it is round and symmetrical but what do I know from a single image?  Do you have any well-stocked fabric/sewing stores nearby?  They would have a shallow-domed button you could use.

sotoolslinger

My putty is fight ;) I have decided that this is the turret :wacko: Bow before my turrety decision :lol:
I amuse me.

John Howling Mouse

It is cool how you've got the compound curves of the joining surfaces so nicely aligned.  Or did you just get lucky with the part on hand?
The aligned turret would not be able to turn that way though, right?  Not that it has to.  Just has to look right, eh?

sotoolslinger

Actually I carefully filed and sanded to get that fit right :thumbsup: It's a B-25 nose :wacko: It actually only mentions in the write up about 4 laser lances and " assorted nuclear weapons" I always kind of assumed that '' turret" was an antenna :unsure:
I amuse me.

Gondor

Quote from: sotoolslinger on December 18, 2010, 04:05:43 PM
I always kind of assumed that '' turret" was an antenna :unsure:

Maybe you are right, after all apart from a few very obvious items in the picture the rest is open to interpretation.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

sotoolslinger

Yeah I suspect that if I could ask the original artist he would not know either ;D ;)
I amuse me.

John Howling Mouse

Antenna it is, then.   :thumbsup:

Doc Yo

Hehee...I always interpreted it as a turret, too. Coming along nicely, regardless.

sotoolslinger

Actually y'all are probably right. I think she will look pretty cool with what I have on there though :wacko:
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Allright she is smooth enough to get major detailing prior to paint

I amuse me.