Main Menu

TTA Avery Hornet

Started by sotoolslinger, November 12, 2010, 06:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

The Medal of Valor Goes to Sotoolslinger for Working with an RPIA Model ;) Looks like you did a Top Notch Job on the Hornet,Even Though you got 'Stung' by it ;D Dan

Gondor

Would it make sense to make the third black band from the front (the one with the two prongs sticking forward) as a complete band around the craft? Just looks to me as if it should be that way though it's your build, you do what you want...... Green with purple dots all over it if you want.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

John Howling Mouse

Ooooooo...it just keeps getting more and more  :ph34r:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Roger the Cabin Boy

Another late arrival to a 'slinger thread...  Fabulous masking job..  :bow:    But Yellow AFTER black?  Wooo....   :blink:

When doing target tug stripey planes I put black decalstripes on an overall yellow and then handpaint the black areas in as that tends to cover OK.  Especially the Games Workshop Chaos Black acrylic, which applies really nicely.     
The future's so bright, I gotta wear NVGs...

cthulhu77

frakking awesome.  Just awesome.  :cheers:

thedarkmaster

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

sotoolslinger

Thanks all y'all :wub: Gondor there is another ship illustrated in the original art and the black stripe on the upper laser lances does not seem to go all the way across :-\Maybe :blink:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Taiidantomcat

Hope to see more soon!  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Mossie

Now the yellows on it's really taking shape. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sotoolslinger

Thanks y'all I am recoating with liquid mask so I can add color. It is a slow process.
I amuse me.

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

There is progress it is just really slow. The complexity of the paintjob and the time it takes to mask means I don't have any visible progress but about once a week :blink:

I basically have done the touch ups and sprayed the dark gray on the intake wingy things
I amuse me.

AXU

Hi Sotoolslinger  <_<
No matter how long it take's,it is important that you work and you are concerned !
Looks very good ! :thumbsup: keep up !
Alex

Cliffy B

Good God that is looking nice!!!!  Keep it up man  :wub:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.