Main Menu

TTA Avery Hornet

Started by sotoolslinger, November 12, 2010, 06:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Wish I could boast that I've never done something like that (but that would be a lie).
Whatchagonnado, STS?
Will it always bug you if it's reversed?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

I think I am just gonna leave it that way. I am trying to get her finished for San Antonio on the 19th .With so much detailing left to do I don't have enough time for a repaint. :blink:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: sotoolslinger on February 01, 2011, 06:20:39 AM
I think I am just gonna leave it that way. I am trying to get her finished for San Antonio on the 19th .With so much detailing left to do I don't have enough time for a repaint. :blink:

I think thats a good decision  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

PetarB

I haven't visited the What If forum for a while, and I come and see... this!

Fantastic work, great patience and skill in the forming of the main fuselage.

Don't rush the paintjob. You will regret it. Also don't use liquid mask for this, I think you need the precision of tape work. Don't rush this for a show - you will have to live with this in your display cabinet for the rest of your life (been there, done that). Take your time, let it mature and we can still all enjoy the show!

TTA Brilliance! McKie would be proud (i think this is a McKie?).

Doc Yo

PeterB asked

QuoteTTA Brilliance! McKie would be proud (i think this is a McKie?).

Tony Roberts. He has a lot of art in the first TTA book, but there isn't much about him on the web.
( To be fair, I haven't looked hard lately. )

sotoolslinger

Actually it is mislabled in the TTA book. It is actually Colin Hay. It was originally the cover to one of Asimov's books.
See Here
http://www.chameleon-arts.com/colin-hay/jacketfolio.html
I amuse me.

Mossie

Chin up buddy, I'm sure no-one would have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it!  Keep it coming, it'd be a shame not to finish this one!

PS, you guys okay over there?  I've extended family in Texas & they say they've been hit by a nasty storm & snow!?!?!  Weather's gone barmy all over the globe this year.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sotoolslinger

Oh yeah we're fine. A little tiny bit o ice or snow freaks folk out around here. It's already melted off. :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

Mossie

Glad to here it!  Saw some impressive pics on the news since, they were getting all twitchy about the Super Bowl being cancelled!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Doc Yo

More than Texas would have to freeze over* before the Superbowl got cancelled, Mossie! We got a snow day
( A friday, no less ) out of the deal, and the weather over the weekend more than made up for it-thanks for the
well-wishes, though.

*General Sherman's opinion to the contrary, most folks can tell the difference.

sotoolslinger

Well I have her to this point :blink: 5 days left to get ready for the next show :o

I amuse me.

Weaver

Looking good, but I can see you're struggling with the masking. What's the plan for all those little blue lines inside the black areas?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Gondor

That's looking great so far Stoolslinger, home stretch now  :blink:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

John Howling Mouse

Fantastic.  You're getting there.  One of a kind, that's for sure.

Suggest you use painted strips of tape (as home-made pinstriping) for those thin blue lines (and others as needed).

I actually think your reversed blue-white striping looks better than the original: more angry looking.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Martin H

Its really starting to work out now. Im sure it will all be worth it in the end :)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.