Main Menu

TTA Avery Hornet

Started by sotoolslinger, November 12, 2010, 06:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Oh Yeah!!  Going to hoist a few Guiness's  for you this evening!!
:cheers: :cheers:

bobbo

sotoolslinger

Thanks Bobbo :wub:. I wish IPMS judges were so kind. I did not even place at the show :banghead: :banghead:
Hell I WAS one of the judges. :blink: You would think I would at least get some political love ;D :lol: :rolleyes:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

GTX

:thumbsup:

One day (hopefully this year), I hope to drop in to see it in the 'flesh'!  At that point much  :bow: will commence. ;D

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: sotoolslinger on February 19, 2011, 06:44:38 PM
Thanks Bobbo :wub:. I wish IPMS judges were so kind. I did not even place at the show :banghead: :banghead:

That is truly surprising  :angry:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Gondor

The Judges probably do not know their sci-fi and are more into real world aircraft or ships to know what you have produced and amazingly well at that  :bow: :bow: :bow:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

tanktastic43

Let me guess...yet another x-wing fighter (the sci-fi equivelant of me109/fw190) won.

When will originality, build skill and the sheer fun of the 'thing' being presented be taken into account by judges?

Mate, you were robbed.

(rant over  :rolleyes:)

tt43.

sotoolslinger

Thanks all y'all :wub: G you are always welcome :thumbsup: Tank got it spot on. Not only did they split the sci fi class to include Star Trek and then everything else but an X WING won not only the class but best sci fi :banghead:
I amuse me.

Roger the Cabin Boy

Hi Ron

Then you'll just hafta finish an X-Wing in authentic RLM shades etc.  Maybe in a Defence of the Reich 262 scheme, or desert with grren patches and white nose and wingtips.  We have one over here in Royal Aircraft Establishment Raspberry Ripple colours.

Excellent paint job there.  Never mind silly competitions, you were in the SIG Display which makes you an automatic winner.  :thumbsup: 

Was it no chairs, food or refreshments allowed?
The future's so bright, I gotta wear NVGs...

Weaver

You was robbed Ron! Still I've noticed that in Sci-Fi modelling: there's a huge bias towards on "accurately" re-creating film and TV props. Did you display it with a copy of the book, or a photocopy of the page to explain what it was?

If not, then maybe you could do something like this:

Dead easy: just a colour photocopy of the relevant bit under a sheet of clear acrylic to make it look nice and keep it flat.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Taiidantomcat

Maybe we can buy them drinks next time?  :drink:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sotoolslinger

Aw heck I ain't worried about IPMS awards. I got great feedback from all who saw my builds. I also brought fond memories back to a bunch o folks who remembered the books.
I was also invited to judge several catagories at this show and am pleased with the results. I did not feel anything won that did not deserve it in the cats I judged :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

proditor

The Hornet is epic.  Absolutely epic.  I was showing my wife your stingray because she wanted to see what won the sc-fi category.  After she picked up her jaw from looking at that, I showed her this, saying "And here is what's going to win next year's..."

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

sotoolslinger

Thanks to both you and Mrs. Proditer :wub: I actually got a mention over on the Starship Modeler contest too ;D
I amuse me.

Old Wombat

I still think you should have won both! :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

sotoolslinger

Well if you asked me I think I should always win first place in everything ;D I guess most folk are just not as smart as I am :lol: :rolleyes:
I amuse me.