Main Menu

TTA Avery Hornet

Started by sotoolslinger, November 12, 2010, 06:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank2056

Quote from: sotoolslinger on March 01, 2011, 06:42:36 AM
Well if you asked me I think I should always win first place in everything ;D I guess most folk are just not as smart <and talented> as I am :lol: :rolleyes:

FTFY

sotoolslinger

Thanks Frank ;D That is much more accurate :lol: :rolleyes: :drink:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

reddfoxx

This is amazing!  I have had that book forever, and enjoy everything in it.  And now to see this, scratchbuilt-  :cheers:

sotoolslinger

Well thank you very much Foxx. I always like it when folks know about the TTA books. :wub: Since your new here I will mention that I have done other builds from that book :wacko: ;D
I amuse me.

reddfoxx

Yeah, I think I saw at least one other one- the one that looks sorta like a Draaken.  This inspired me to poke around online and look for some of the other books; I think I read Spacewreck and Starliners long ago.  They're kinda pricey, at least in the U.S.  Maybe I'll check out the library...

PetarB

Well I wouldn't be too bummed by the IPMS. They simply don't know how to accurately judge SF entries in my experience. The requirements of SF modeling, which are a great deal of invention, filling in the blanks and extrapolation because the subject in its entirety does not exist - does not fall well into the judging categorisation, etc of the the IPMS rulebook.

At the end of the day, these sort of models - which are a labour of love - grace the builder's desk, and the most appreciative audiences are ourselves. I take great pleasure in looking at my scratchbuilds. If I worried what other people think, I would never even lay down styrene, and I suspect, Sotoolslinger that it might be a similar situation with you. We are luck we live in an age where we can share our builds with people who like similar subjects. 20 years ago I would never have been able to see your fantastic Avery Hornet.

Here's to the future.

Regards, Petar

sotoolslinger

Thanks to you Petar. You are entirely correct in your assumptions. I really build for me  :wub: I do very much like showing off my stuff to folk on this site and elsewhere but if I could not I would still build :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

Gondor

Did you manage to finish of all the other builds from the book that you started as I only remember seeing two of them finished ?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

sotoolslinger

I still am not quiet finished with the Proximan Shark. It's down to paint but I haven't felt like doing all the masking :blink:
I amuse me.

Brian da Basher

Holy moley! The man makes whiffs out of hunks of wood for criminey sakes!

That's so macho my arms hurt just looking at the pictures.

And then it turns out to look so slick that I'd be the first one to ask you where you got the kit.
:bow: :bow:
I'm in awe.

Keep this up, and I'll foist that 1/200 resin 2001 Space Odyssey Pan Am shuttle on you.
:wacko:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

THANKS da B :wub:
High praise indeed coming from a man that can put details on a dime size AC I can't duplicate on one a foot long :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
I amuse me.