Main Menu

TTA Avery Hornet

Started by sotoolslinger, November 12, 2010, 06:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Yo

Wholly Mackeral, you have been busy! No advice beyond whats been give already, looks like you're doing fine.

sotoolslinger

Thanks Doc I hope to have both done for SA  :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

proditor

You're currently building my all time favoite ship from those books.  Loved the bit about the off center targeting for the top guns. 

And you're doing an amazing job.  I'm just sitting here grinning at the pics.  Thanks for taking me back to age 12 dude.

Seriously righteous.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

sotoolslinger

Thanks Pro :wub: By golly if you want to learn how to scratchbuild just pic the object with the weirdest possible shapes :blink: :banghead: This thing is really freaky :rolleyes: Especially since you have to make most of it up as you go along due to the odd forced perspective of the artwork :party:
I think I am doing fairly well

As you can see ,now that I have the intakey wingish thingys on I have to do a massive amount of fill in below them

I think I have the basic shape down pretty well ;D ;)

I amuse me.

Gondor

Looking great so far

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

That more rounded cross section is really spot-on now Ron. The whole thing is looking very good indeed.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

Thanks y'all  :wub: Trying to figure out how to shape those intake/wing deals was the most difficult part so far :blink: ;) :rolleyes:
I amuse me.

Weaver

Indeed - I notice that in some other interpretations of the Hornet, they've flattened them out to varying degrees.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

Yeah and I hate them for that. I note that all the versions I have seen so far are just vaguely accurate.I am doing my best to make this as true to the original artwork as possible. :thumbsup: I wonder if Colin Hay is still around?
I amuse me.

Doc Yo

Quote from: sotoolslinger on November 19, 2010, 05:56:53 AM
Yeah and I hate them for that. I note that all the versions I have seen so far are just vaguely accurate.I am doing my best to make this as true to the original artwork as possible. :thumbsup: I wonder if Colin Hay is still around?

Hey! I vaguely resemble that remark! ;D  I believe Colin passed away in the last century. Interestingly, most of the
artists in the TTA books have either dropped out of the industry or died. I know Peter Elson, one of the other great
illustrators from that series, died in the late '90s. His long-time partner just put up a tribute/gallery that sells some
of his originals. Angus McKie had a web site up to the early 2000s but I haven't been able to track him since then.

EDIT: Here's the Elson site...
          http://www.peterelson.co.uk/

and here's one for Colin Hay
           http://www.chameleon-arts.com/colin-hay/jacketfolio.html

Just glanced at the latter, but I love the flier.

sotoolslinger

Great links Doc and I absolutely was not referring to you but to the 3d modelers that did the stuff for that alledged game :angry: :unsure: That stuff was just not right :banghead:
So today I was informed that I had to drive 5 hours to Houston to do about 10 minutes work.  :blink:I just grabbed my putty and the model and have done this stuff in my motel room

I amuse me.

Gondor

That looks fantastic  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

Scooterman

Quote from: sotoolslinger on November 19, 2010, 07:20:22 PM
So today I was informed that I had to drive 5 hours to Houston to do about 10 minutes work.  :blink:I just grabbed my putty and the model and have done this stuff in my motel room

Have putty(foo), will travel!! ;D

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.