Where are the SMW pictures?

Started by philp, November 13, 2010, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

van883

Radish

A couple of my 1/48th things from The Cold War SIG display.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Radish

And two more 1/48th ones on the Cold War SIG I made a few years ago...

Radish

And then, on Monday night.....MOTORHEAD.... :thumbsup:

Pablo1965

Too many information for make only a comment. I just said THANKS  :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

philp

Terry, nice builds.

Jim, thanks for the Sci-fi.

Question.  I see a lot of stuff that has been on the tables for at least the last 2 years.  Know these are SIG and Club tables.  Is it common to repeat use of builds or is it just not enough new stuff to fill the table(s)?  Not saying this is a bad thing as they usually are pretty good stuff but it is nice to see new stuff.  Especially like the Aliens APCs and the Grey Death Legion Marauder (if I can find a 72nd scale kit that is what I was planning with it).
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

JayBee

New suff will normallly take precedence on the tables with older stuff filing any gaps.
JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Hobbes

Quote from: philp on November 17, 2010, 06:44:13 PM
Question.  I see a lot of stuff that has been on the tables for at least the last 2 years.  Know these are SIG and Club tables.  Is it common to repeat use of builds or is it just not enough new stuff to fill the table(s)?  Not saying this is a bad thing as they usually are pretty good stuff but it is nice to see new stuff.  Especially like the Aliens APCs and the Grey Death Legion Marauder (if I can find a 72nd scale kit that is what I was planning with it).

Depends on the SIG/club. We were back to back with the Australia (?) SIG, which was manned by just one guy. He wouldn't have had a table full of new models. The What-if SIG had very few repeats since there's so many of us supplying models now. Many clubs have a theme for the stand and will spend the year building models to that theme.

Radish

Hobbes is correct. Many clubs have themes (Stafford's was based on Rock songs0 which have mostly new builds often. But SIGs are a different entity in most cases, with just a few members. At BIGGLES, we "built on" (please excuse the pun!) the previous year's Stafford theme, and Telford was the SIG's first outing. Some models were the same, but about a third was "new"....more new stuff will appear next year, but most of the older stuff will remain....it'll show the wide spread of Biggles stuff. BUT...it will be displayed differently. I've already decided on that.

PR19_Kit

....and sometimes people expect some models to be there anyway, if they are notorious enough of course.  ;)

We've had people at the Whiff SIG stand ask why the PR19 isn't there before now. I just bring it to every show by default these days.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

philp

Gotcha.  Some builds get expected and I can see why.  Also understand the building on a theme.  And the low tended SIG also.  All makes sense.
Thanks guys.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

JayBee

Quote from: Roger the Cabin Boy on November 16, 2010, 03:01:39 PM
My real world IAe 37 Planeador, (the Argie Delta Glider) veteran of the PHX show, snuck in there...  Cool.   

Well, I did say that I was not sure if they were all WhIfs :rolleyes:
Mind you it was realy the last photo, the two turreted armoured German rail wagon that I was thinking about.
My defence rests :wacko:

JimB

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

JayBee

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 16, 2010, 03:27:12 PM
Crackin' set of pics there Jim! :thumbsup:
That swept wing all jet B-36 is an RW though, it's the YB-60, Convair's competition for the B-52.

OOPS! Just had that shot in the wrong folder for uploading. :blink:

Jim

Cats are not real. 

JayBee

Quote from: McGreig on November 16, 2010, 04:27:10 PM
Quote from: JayBee on November 16, 2010, 01:31:56 PM
The splinter camouflaged fighter in your third photo is Ken Duffey's real world Sukhoi T-50/PAK-FA (from Resin Shop via Neomega).

I have not yet seen a photo of this in camouflage yet, only primer. I have seen the Su-?? in that scheme and thought this might be a speculative WhIf.
I also saw the kit on the Neomega stand, then saw the price tag. I will wait for the Zveda (spelling?) injection kit that I have been told is on it's way.

JimB

Cats are not real. 

lancer

Quote from: JayBee on November 18, 2010, 06:23:01 AM
Quote from: McGreig on November 16, 2010, 04:27:10 PM
Quote from: JayBee on November 16, 2010, 01:31:56 PM
The splinter camouflaged fighter in your third photo is Ken Duffey's real world Sukhoi T-50/PAK-FA (from Resin Shop via Neomega).

I have not yet seen a photo of this in camouflage yet, only primer. I have seen the Su-?? in that scheme and thought this might be a speculative WhIf.
I also saw the kit on the Neomega stand, then saw the price tag. I will wait for the Zveda (spelling?) injection kit that I have been told is on it's way.

JimB

I'm doing the same thing Jim, waiting for the Zvezda boxing. Mind you the resin kit is simply gorgeous with some wonderful castings
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die