Where are the SMW pictures?

Started by philp, November 13, 2010, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Here are some shots of Class 34 (whif aircraft, sponsored by Mushroom Monthly Publications).  First off, a composite shot of all of the entries (hence the curve):

Now some general shots:

A rather mad FW190 that seemed to have been overlooked by the judges:

And finally, the winner by Rod Ulrich (not of the What If? parish, by the way):

;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

JayBee

Got home about ten O,Clock last night after a six hour drive, then up at 0615 to get to "work".
I will post photos this evening.
PhilP watch this space for Sci-Fi stuff.

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Army of One

Silly question really.......where will the pics be posted when people get the chance to post them...will they be on a new thread...?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

NARSES2

Just got home (Monday pm) and I've over 120 photo's to download, resize and then post 4 at a time  :banghead: It will probably take until Wednesday or possibly Thursday to get them up as I have other things to do as well. Impatience dosn't work with me it just makes me likely to slow up and think about that magnificent new swimming pool that we will be able to use at SMW 2012  ;D So please bide your time and it will get done.

Quote from: Green Dragon on November 14, 2010, 04:15:14 PM
The Silver flying wing jobbie is, I think, a between the wars Junkers project.

Paul Harrison

It's a Junkers J1000 (I think) from 1924

Quote from: Army of One on November 15, 2010, 04:46:42 AM
Silly question really.......where will the pics be posted when people get the chance to post them...will they be on a new thread...?

Probably in the show section Hank, but I will post a note and link when I've done it.

Chris

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Chris......many thanks... :bow:....appreciated......just wanna see what I missed......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Aircav

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Aircav

Sir Sydney Camm

Aircav

Sir Sydney Camm

Army of One

Oooooohhhhh.....some awesome work there....lovin the Cheyenne's....(spelling?)..assuming thats what the RN helo started out as....looking at it on my iphone screen at the mo......so many to choose from....the beaufighter...thingy....looks fabulous!!! So many to comment on....seriously good work....I'm sure the pics don't do justice to the amount of work that has gone into the models displayed.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Aircav

Hi Hawk
the RN Helo is Lenny's Sikorsky S-67 Blackhawk.
Steve

Sir Sydney Camm

PR19_Kit

Incredible variety of pics there Aircav, we must have been at different Telfords because I'm sure I didn't see even half the ones you've posted!  :o

More than once it was mentioned that the place is now SO big that you can't get round to see all of it in two days. And next year they're talking about making it even BIGGER, extending into the new Hall 4. I'll have to bring a skateboard, it'll be the only way to get around then........  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Radish

Thanks...agreed, Kit....I didn't see half of those models photographed....
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Aircav

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 15, 2010, 09:23:31 AM
Incredible variety of pics there Aircav, we must have been at different Telfords because I'm sure I didn't see even half the ones you've posted!  :o

That happens to me too, you see someone else's pics and say "Where was that" and as you say 2 days just aren't enough to see everything.
Steve

Sir Sydney Camm