Where are the SMW pictures?

Started by philp, November 13, 2010, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Quote from: RotorheadTX on November 15, 2010, 12:57:09 PM
Quote from: Aircav on November 15, 2010, 08:50:30 AM
Hi Hawk
the RN Helo is Lenny's Sikorsky S-67 Blackhawk.
Steve
And STUNNING it is!! Looks SO right with the BERP blades!

Now I think helicopters are The Devil's Work but the Lennycopter looks SO mean, and so right
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

JayBee

What If's on other displays.
At least I think they are all What If's :rolleyes:

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

van883

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 16, 2010, 02:19:14 AM
Quote from: philp on November 15, 2010, 10:36:27 AM
Also really appreciate all the photos.  For those of us on the other side of the pond, it is the only way to enjoy a bit of SMW.  But, 60, 120, 200 pictures?  Don't you guys have digital cameras? 

Yes I do but I also have a life. Photography is not my favourite way of passing time at a model show. I'd rather have a chat with friends and the general public, browse the stands, look at the models (although I tend to miss half of them) and drink malt whisky  ;D When I get home there are a lot of things that need to be caught up on. I'm very sorry if this offends but modelling (especially the photographing of such) is not my only interest in life, and I don't like being chivvied.

Chris

I agree with Chris et al...

kitbasher

Thanks to all for all of the photos - clearly I missed lots of fantstic models at the weekend.
And whiffing is SOOO the new black it seems.  Sorry OGL, but here's my counter suggestion for 2011 - wozzers.  We all do real but obscure subjects and try to pass them off as whifs.
Only kidding Martin, I know the theme for next year has been agreed.  Unless we do obscure wozzers within the agreed scope, of course!
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Army of One

Quote from: Aircav on November 16, 2010, 10:36:44 AM
Pic 80 is Jim's Vickers Nimrod.  ;D

Many thanks......it looks great.... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

sotoolslinger

SOOOOO GOOOD  :wub: :wub: :wub:
I wish I could be there :bow: :bow: :bow:
Thanks for that :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

buzzbomb

thanks for the pix folks.

I know what you mean about taking photos.. I have trekked across to SMW 3 times now and never take enough pix.
It is all too overwhelming just being there.. 2 days is not enough to do everything, see everything etc.

However from what I have seen great stuff.

And that swing wing TSR 2 with Skybolts..just rocks :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Roger the Cabin Boy

My real world IAe 37 Planeador, (the Argie Delta Glider) veteran of the PHX show, snuck in there...  Cool.   Spray varnish applied by Scooterman.  Next up, the Ju52 3m which towed it aloft.  Quite a contrasting pair...
The future's so bright, I gotta wear NVGs...

PR19_Kit

Crackin' set of pics there Jim! :thumbsup:

You must have been in Hall 5 some of the time, I swear blind I n ever saw half of them. That swept wing all jet B-36 is an RW though, it's the YB-60, Convair's competition for the B-52.

And as buzzbomb says, the swing-wing TSR2 was just amazing, well on track for me.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ChernayaAkula

Thanks for posting all those pics!  :cheers: So much whiffery goodness I couldn't even begin to list a few favourites. There would simply be too many of 'em!  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

McGreig

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 16, 2010, 06:50:35 AM
The rest are models from around the show that took my eye

Chris, thanks for taking and posting the pics of the Soviet Aircraft SIG stand :thumbsup:

Hadn't realised just how much of the display was "What If" (and the photos don't include the Iraqi Backfire, the Blinder Interceptor Project or the Kondratyev Fighter Project) and even the Real World stuff is not exactly mainstream - Soviet DFS-346 and Ju-287, Tsybin NM-1, Ukranian MiG-21 (not painted in these colours until it was stuck on the end of a pole!), Sukhoi PAK-FA, Tu-2 cable cutter, Su-9 aerodynamic testbed and experimental MiG-31.

I foresee a stern reprimand from the Central Committee - - -

McGreig

Quote from: JayBee on November 16, 2010, 01:31:56 PM
What If's on other displays.
At least I think they are all What If's :rolleyes:

Great selection of photos, including a lot that I don't recall seeing myself, especially the Suhkoi Shkval VTOL and the MiG Ye-155. The splinter camouflaged fighter in your third photo is Ken Duffey's real world Sukhoi T-50/PAK-FA (from Resin Shop via Neomega).

Pablo1965

THANKS for this wonderfull collection of photos. :thumbsup: :wub: :cheers: :bow:

rickshaw

Quote from: Overkiller on November 16, 2010, 12:15:56 PM
I took 270 photos at the show, but I am only going to post pictures of one model in particular.

Walking round the halls, a model stopped me in my tracks, it wasn't a plane, or an armoured vehicle, or indeed any such thing....

It was a figure, and no, not an anime cutie, I got enough ribbing from my purchase of just such a figure...

This little vignette truly moved me...

Very nice.  I agree, quite a moving subject.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.