Where are the SMW pictures?

Started by philp, November 13, 2010, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apophenia

philp

Quote from: rickshaw on November 16, 2010, 06:25:58 PM
Quote from: Overkiller on November 16, 2010, 12:15:56 PM
I took 270 photos at the show, but I am only going to post pictures of one model in particular.

Walking round the halls, a model stopped me in my tracks, it wasn't a plane, or an armoured vehicle, or indeed any such thing....

It was a figure, and no, not an anime cutie, I got enough ribbing from my purchase of just such a figure...

This little vignette truly moved me...

I agree also, even was there in early October.

Very nice.  I agree, quite a moving subject.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Radish

I'll bung some Biggles pictures on once they're loaded and re-sized. Most of them are What if? in some way or other.
Some great pictures so far :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

PR19_Kit

The Bristol 138 was an electronic recce aircraft apparently, and it won the Class at Telford. Thats the Class that used to be called the Mushroom Monthly Trophy, now it has some inscrutable IPMS code letter sequence...... :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Thanks for the photo's Jaybee  :thumbsup:

Got to agree that it's impossible to see everything, I missed half of whats in your shots  :banghead:

As for Wif being the "new black". It is now definately acceptable and you see one on most club stands. People are beginning to realise we are not Satan's tools on earth - so don't tell them   :wacko:

Quote from: McGreig on November 16, 2010, 04:24:32 PM
Chris, thanks for taking and posting the pics of the Soviet Aircraft SIG stand :thumbsup:

I've sent you a file this morning with all the pics on it Gordon. Hope it gets to you ok

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Roger the Cabin Boy

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 17, 2010, 01:34:19 AM
People are beginning to realise we are not Satan's tools on earth - so don't tell them   :wacko:

Oh.  That's the part I enjoy.    :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
The future's so bright, I gotta wear NVGs...

Radish

It's good to know we're accepted :o :o :o
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

kitnut617

Quote from: JayBee on November 16, 2010, 11:22:49 PM

Bristol 138 electronic recon. bird.

Not knowing what the Bristol 138 was, I had to google it.  Now this is a very credible conversion for sure.  Powering it with a 2400 hp engine as opposed to the 500 hp one the original 138 used, you can only imagine the height it could have got to.  Although, wouldn't it have been used as a transmitter booster as opposed to a recon'
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

JayBee

Maybe it was used as a signal booster. That would explain how Richard Burton was able to use voice radio to talk from Bavaria to London in "Where Eagles Dare" :rolleyes:

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on November 17, 2010, 04:36:31 AM
It's good to know we're accepted :o :o :o

Maybe we're being lulled into a false sense of security and won't realise the Spanish Inquisition is on it's way ?  :lol:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

I rather liked this photo found elsewhere of my SEAC Hornet F.III.

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

JayBee

Cats are not real. 

lenny100

that saturn and its launch tower was a impresave sight and dominated the comp area, but while i was looking at it i overheard a JMN say "eugh its hand painted, no body who enters something in here sound be handpainting, its disgusting"
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Geoff

Quote from: lenny100 on November 17, 2010, 09:02:44 AM
.......... but while i was looking at it i overheard a JMN say.......

Thats why they go to shows I think. I had someone regale me for 1/2 hour or so at one SMW about a wing sweep that was 1.6  degrees out! What ever floats your boat.