Where are the SMW pictures?

Started by philp, November 13, 2010, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Quote from: JayBee on November 18, 2010, 06:12:24 AM
Quote from: Roger the Cabin Boy on November 16, 2010, 03:01:39 PM
My real world IAe 37 Planeador, (the Argie Delta Glider) veteran of the PHX show, snuck in there...  Cool.   

Well, I did say that I was not sure if they were all WhIfs :rolleyes:
Mind you it was realy the last photo, the two turreted armoured German rail wagon that I was thinking about.
My defence rests :wacko:

JimB

They are real world also.

"Steyr was also assigned to develop a Panzerjager-Treibwagen (roughly, "tank destroyer car") armored rail-cruiser configured like the Soviet MBV D-2 that had been captured and employed since the summer of' 941. They were armed with two turrets from the PzKpfw IV Ausf H, and production began in December 1944 with five planned, numbered from 51 to 55. Only three were completed, too late for combat deployment."
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

philp

Armored trains are cool.  Would love to do one in 72nd.  We have a guy here in Salt Lake who scratchbuilt one in 35th scale using foam core.  Came out really nice.  Now there are a bunch of kits out with engines, cars, and armored cars if you want to take the expense to do one.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

McGreig

Quote from: JayBee on November 18, 2010, 06:23:01 AM
I have not yet seen a photo of this in camouflage yet, only primer. I have seen the Su-?? in that scheme and thought this might be a speculative WhIf.
I also saw the kit on the Neomega stand, then saw the price tag. I will wait for the Zveda (spelling?) injection kit that I have been told is on it's way.

It's relatively recent, but it was painted in this scheme when viewed by Putin and when demonstrated to the Indians.

In a fit of temporary insanity - because I knew the Zvezda kit was said to be on its way -  I bought the resin kit from Neomega  :o And I know that I'll never get it built before the Zvezda version is released - - -  :banghead:

KJ_Lesnick

I love that Bristol 138 / Hawker Typhoon hybrid  :wub: 
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

NARSES2

Quote from: McGreig on November 18, 2010, 03:35:50 PM
In a fit of temporary insanity - because I knew the Zvezda kit was said to be on its way -  I bought the resin kit from Neomega  :o And I know that I'll never get it built before the Zvezda version is released - - -  :banghead:

A few people sucumbed to that kit. A certain Mike M was giving it a cuddle on Friday evening  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

I was tempted but resisted when I saw the price.  I can wait for the Zvezda one
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Geoff on November 17, 2010, 09:10:52 AM
Quote from: lenny100 on November 17, 2010, 09:02:44 AM
.......... but while i was looking at it i overheard a JMN say.......

Thats why they go to shows I think. I had someone regale me for 1/2 hour or so at one SMW about a wing sweep that was 1.6  degrees out! What ever floats your boat.

hmm, lunchtime on sunday and chatting with a quartet of visiting foreign modellers thanks to my friend ray ball, they laughed loudly
when i explained to them what a JMZ [joyless modelling zealot] was.

and i heard from one of the modelling magazine editors about a modeller in the south west of england who if they don't usually win their prefered
competition category [ie a gold or first] the model gets binned.
Keeper of George the Cat.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on November 19, 2010, 05:08:10 AM
and i heard from one of the modelling magazine editors about a modeller in the south west of england who if they don't usually win their prefered competition category [ie a gold or first] the model gets binned.

Jeez, they're in the wrong hobby for sure!  :banghead:

How could you DO that to something you've spent hours, days, weeks over? Madness, total madness...
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

JayBee

Yeh, at least it could be used as spare bits for WhIfs. Oops!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Martin H

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 19, 2010, 02:45:00 AM
I was tempted but resisted when I saw the price.  I can wait for the Zvezda one

that makes at least two of us.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

JayBee

Cats are not real. 

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Green Dragon

Modelstories have theirTelford pics up here. http://modelscale.free.fr/reportages/TELFORD_2010_P/index.htm
Haven't been through them yet, just about too though.
Nice Catzilla Radish, not quite as big as Godzilla but a lot furier! Same colours as next doors that keeps getting into our place somehow (even when all the doors/windows are shut!).
Quote from: JayBee on November 19, 2010, 08:09:17 AM
Three :rolleyes:
Four  ;D

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)