Where are the SMW pictures?

Started by philp, November 13, 2010, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on May 18, 2011, 12:57:13 PM
A delightful kit to build OOB, to boot. 

Yup, still got one or two in the stash, so I'll definately be building one more
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

KJ_Lesnick

I know this is a long time post that I'm responding to: These designs are really nice and I think some of them could make useful line-drawings.

What are these?

I assume the one on the right is an XP-40Q with a Griffon, what's the one on the left?

What's the one on the far left (green, contra-rotating props, and podded guns)

This was some kind of Hawker Hurricane successor right?

This looks like an Avro Vulcan coupled to the nose of a B-47: Is it based on anything else?

Westland Witch Mk. II
I would have never thought this would have been based on the Novo Wallace and Spirit of St. Louis: It looked kind of like a P-51 with a redesigned nose and engine, with wing-tip tanks.

Bristol 138A / Hawker Typhoon
I really like this design as it looks like it's an actually plausible aircraft though it'd look cooler without retractible gears.

I'm curious if I'd have to ask permission from any of the designers before I could proceed to ask members here to make drawings
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

Green Dragon

The Vulcan has a Tornado cockpit grafted into it IIRC. The Flying Wing at the top is a Horten design built in Argentina after WW2, late 1950's?, think it was called the Ia38 and built by DINFIA?

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Gondor

The aircraft you identified as having been an XP-40Q is sitting with two other former XP-40Q's. Not sure of the story behind the camouflaged version but the gaudy painted one is an unlimited racer built by JayBee and the Royal Navy version is built by myself.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on October 25, 2015, 09:45:20 PM
I know this is a long time post that I'm responding to: These designs are really nice and I think some of them could make useful line-drawings.

Jeepers, those pics are from four years ago.................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Gondor's FAA P-40Q gave us a good chuckle at that years Glasgow show, when an older gentleman was explaining to his (I assume) grandson "I used to work on Seafires just like that"  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on October 26, 2015, 02:59:56 AM
Gondor's FAA P-40Q gave us a good chuckle at that years Glasgow show, when an older gentleman was explaining to his (I assume) grandson "I used to work on Seafires just like that"  :rolleyes:

I LOVE it when a plan comes together!  :thumbsup: ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

KJ_Lesnick

Gondor

QuoteThe aircraft you identified as having been an XP-40Q is sitting with two other former XP-40Q's. Not sure of the story behind the camouflaged version but the gaudy painted one is an unlimited racer built by JayBee and the Royal Navy version is built by myself.
It's amazing how different the RAF and FAA models look simply due to a paint-job.

Green Dragon

QuoteThe Vulcan has a Tornado cockpit grafted into it IIRC.
I'd have never guessed that one.

QuoteThe Flying Wing at the top is a Horten design built in Argentina after WW2, late 1950's?, think it was called the Ia38 and built by DINFIA?
Thanks...

PR19_Kit

QuoteJeepers, those pics are from four years ago.................
Nothing that says something old can't be cool (or can't be an inspiration).

I've done some looking and I've identified this to be a Hawker P.1027

Everybody

What of these?

(The green one on the bottom with contra-props has my interest)
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

Green Dragon

The green contra-prop is a Blohm Und Voss P.163.02, it's in the Luftwaffe Secret Projects:Ground Attack and Special Purpose Aircraft book from Ian Allan/Midland Publishing.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Rick Lowe

Kendra, the red beastie looks to be F6F wings, tail and tailplanes on a cut down Swordfish? Wellesley? fuselage.  :blink:

There are some cracking builds there, well done to all.

Cheers

Captain Canada

Might be from 4 years ago but it's always nice to see these thing rehashed.....love that Vulcan and the flying wing !

:wub: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on October 26, 2015, 06:10:27 PM

PR19_Kit

QuoteJeepers, those pics are from four years ago.................
Nothing that says something old can't be cool (or can't be an inspiration).

I wasn't suggesting that they weren't cool or non-inspirational, just that they were four years old.....

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Longer.  They're from 2010.  The two Hawkers went that year and that year alone - it's been Spitfires ever since.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

KJ_Lesnick

Paul Harrison

QuoteThe green contra-prop is a Blohm Und Voss P.163.02, it's in the Luftwaffe Secret Projects:Ground Attack and Special Purpose Aircraft book from Ian Allan/Midland Publishing.
Awesome

Rick Lowe

QuoteKendra, the red beastie looks to be F6F wings, tail and tailplanes on a cut down Swordfish? Wellesley? fuselage.  :blink:
How would you tease apart the Swordfish or the Wellesley?  Neither have that pipe sticking out the side...

KiwiZac

I think that "pipe" is an exhaust. My first thought was Wellesley, purely based on the shape of the nose aft of the engine.

I'm excited for this year's SMW, if only because Airfix has teased a "BIG announcement". Surely it's the 1/24 TSR.2 we've all been hanging out for?
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates