Focke Wulf Ta183 Whiffs

Started by GTX, November 14, 2010, 02:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

I can't believe there hasn't been a dedicated thread already, so here we go.

First up some whiffs I just threw together quickly - first is original, unmodified (for comparison).  Second is a stretched fuselage (with more fuel) single seat fighter.  Last is a two seat trainer based upon the stretched version.

What else can you suggest.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Cobra Kebab

Night fighter version with nose radome.

Carrier version

ReccePhreak

I am currently working on one of those kits. I am converting it to a dedicated photo-recce version, with squared off camera bays replacing the gun bays, like on the SAAB S-29C Tunnan. Instead of putting an aux fuel tank in the center bay, I will hang a couple of drop tanks under the wing. No weapons, so it will be "alone, unarmed & unafraid".
Larry

GTX

Quote from: Cobra Kebab on November 14, 2010, 10:29:53 AM
Night fighter version with nose radome.

Here you go - I've based it on my stretched two seater:

Regards,

Greg

GTX

How about a ground launched Anti-Shipping (or anti -anything for that matter) Missile variant:

Regards,

Greg

dumaniac

Greg - some time ago, I built a me262 photo recon drone - no canopy of course - these aircraft kinda look neat without a canopy - nothing to break the lines of the aircraft - your line drawings give great inspiration to us what-if's

sagallacci

Don't have art for it, but am working on a operational version with practical and accurized  features for the 1/48 kit. Mk213 guns, tidied up cockpit, corrected main landing gear and fixed-up main gear wells with detailed HeS011, and wing fences. Also clean up some of the surface details, mostly in filling in the excessive panel lines. Additional weapons would be limited to R4M rocket pods.

apophenia

Quote from: GTX on November 14, 2010, 02:38:29 AM...  Second is a stretched fuselage (with more fuel) single seat fighter.  Last is a two seat trainer based upon the stretched version...

Greg: For 'Aussie-fied' stretched and 2-seat trainer variants, see the Remember Eureka! thread. In that AltHistory reality, the Ta-183 becomes the Holden Ho-150v1 Buuli  ;D

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,28732.msg439818/highlight,ho-150v1.html#msg439818

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: GTX on November 15, 2010, 12:50:32 AM
How about a ground launched Anti-Shipping (or anti -anything for that matter) Missile variant:

Cool idea! :thumbsup: Maybe take off the landing gear for an air- or ramp-launched version. A bit like the Soviet RS-1 Komet/AS-1 Kennel.
Wanted to get a Tamiya 1/100 A-7 for something similar (canopy faired over and scale-o-mania'd) at the LHS some weeks ago.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

chrisonord

I have a PM 1/72nd scale one, that I got from Narses, it is going to be in service of the people who do all the work for my Nicaraguan cartel air craft.
It will have some Soviet era aam's on it and a centre line gun pod also soviet in origin. It will be powered by a Mig-15 or 17 engine.
Chris. 
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

frank2056

Chris, To fit a Klimov VK-1 (ex-RR Nene) a Ta-183 would require a wider fuselage. The HeS 011 engine is about 0.9m in dia and 3.5m in length, vs 1.3m x 2.6m for the VK-1. The VK-1 is lighter, but it produces more thrust, so you would have to derate it or increase the size of the intake to provide the extra suckage. The end result would be closer to the only Ta 183 family aircraft built or flown - the FMA IAe 33 Pulqui II which used a RR Nene for power. It doesn't look as cool as the Ta 183, though.

chrisonord

Thanks for the heads up Frank, it looks like my cartel engineers will have to delve into wiff land for the new engine  ;)
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

frank2056

Chris, depending on how modern you want it, the engine from the L-39 would just fit (The AI-25). It's a little wide, but not too bad and it has a little more power, but probably well within the limits of the airframe. It would make a plausible replacement...especially since all you would see is the exterior shell.

GTX

Not sure it is accurately scaled, but you get the idea:

Regards,

Greg

The Wooksta!

I've seen a photo of a wind tunnel model with straight wings ala Bv P.211B
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic